All Things Fascination

Quincella

I've yet to encounter any rude staff/crew. I just have to wonder if those who report such things are really the ones who are being rude and when they don't get the response they want (possibly because they're yelling at the staff?), then they report about how rudely they were treated. :rolleyes:

Every cruise I've taken, I always see crew cleaning throughout the ship, especially when I'm up early, as I often am. Good to hear she's a clean ship. I had one of those pre-cruise anxiety dreams not long ago and in that, the ship was old, torn, ratty, and dirty. I know that won't be the case, but it doesn't hurt to see it in writing!

I don't do hot tubs and usually don't sit at the bar, but I tend to find gangs of kids unpleasant. It's just that wild herd mentality they suddenly seem to have when they're together! Just calm down! Stop running! Stop shouting! You can have a good time without pretending you're out on the playground!

Sorry about your tablemates. We had The Tablemate from Hell on our Miracle cruise and I would definitely have asked to move except the other 3 people were delightful. We ignored her as much as possible and just focused the conversation on the pleasant people. Had they all been like her, I would've left in the middle of dinner on the first night! Other than her, we've been pretty lucky on most cruises.

Thanks for posting. All info is greatly appreciated!

Forgive me if this has been covered in this thread -- I tried to be thorough in reading through all 15 pages! I am researching a cruise on this ship and was wondering if the ship has undergone the refurbishment, which according to the carnival website, was as supposed to happen in '08?

Yes she has gone thru a makeover. But she doesn't have the new water works. There is one slide tho. She doesn't have the Serenity upgrage either.

She was SPOTLESS! VERY clean as Kayjo stated!

For anyone who sailed recently...

I know Carnival offers the opportunity to book future cruises on only a handful of ships. I thought I read that Fascination was one of those.

Although I have NEXT December's cruise booked already, I'm thinking about a surprise cruise out of San Juan in May, as a graduation present to DD (and me, of course). If I can get a deal, or lower deposit, or whatever, by booking while onboard, I'll wait and do it then.

Does anyone remember seeing anything about this while they were on board?

Just over a month to go!

DH and I went to the Pursor's desk and asked about booking another cruise. They said they did not have that ability yet.

I called yesterday to get our Past Guest number and inquired about the next cruise we will book tonight. No price reductions. She said that we would probably get a upgrade.

Just off this ship and am loving Steph's review. Just thought I would add a few positives and negatives that I haven't seen covered yet.

First of all, this ship is CLEAN!! And I am picky- it was spotless. The cabin steward wiped down the entire room every day and you could see the vacuum marks on the carpet. On one of the port days they washed all of the windows in the atrium and the exterior windows of the staterooms.

Also, the entire staff was pleasant. I had read on other reviews that the Carnival staff tended to be rude- not true on the Fascination. Everyone always had a smile and tons of patience. Trevor, the cruise director did a great job and so did his staff. The dining room staff was exceptional and so was the entertainment. We also used the steam room and showers in the spa and they were great.

Now for the negative: I hate to complain about anything, because this cruise really did exceed my expectations, but there were a few things that could be improved upon. There were kids in the adult only hot tub. One of them even did a canonball off of the side- the kids have the use of the other hot tubs on the ship, so they should be restricted from the adults only one. Also, the whole thing with the soda cards could be improved- It would be nice to have soda stations on the ship. As it is now, you have to go to the bar and get a refill. Several times when I was sitting at the bar enjoying a drink there were packs of kids crowded around waiting for soda refills and swiveling around on the barstools.

I also think on my next cruise I might look into one that offers free-style dining. While I really enjoy meeting new people, our tablemates were just awful. It wasn't just us, by the end of the cruise everyone knew who our tablemates were because of their nonstop attention getting antics including "mooning" several people at Half Moon Cay.

Other than a few negatives, I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone!

We didn't spend a lot of time on the Lido during the day when everyone was out at the pool so I didn't see any kids in the hot tubs but I believe you, Kayjo. I've read that before we left on here.

It would be nice to have a refill station for the fountain cards. We had fountain cards and sometimes there were waits while they were making drinks. I could see the kids playing on the bar stools in the Atrium time to time. But other times the kids were good. They weren't running around and being crazy. Actually you barely noticed they were there half the time.

As for your tablemates.... Yep... I don't blame you for wanting open seating. I wish you coulda come over to join us in our dining room. That couple we had switched to early seating.

They put on an interesting show on the beach in HMC from what I heard. And it was interesting waiting for the tender boat with them mooning! (insert gagging smiley here)

We had a blast, she was spotless all the time. All of the staff that was walking around always greeted you and had a smile on their face. They never ignored you. Even as you were just passing by them.

The Fascination was EXCELLENT and we will ALWAYS remember her and all of the AWESOME people we met and got to hang around with! Thanks to you guys for making our cruise even more special!

Oh yea, you CAN'T see your S&S card or the dinner menu on the TV yet either. But they do have all of the other stuff on it... guest activity channel, cruise directors channel stuff like that.

We popped into the pursors station once to get our balance on our S&S card and it was no problem. They just punched in our stateroom number and gave us the balance.

Kayjo, I completely forgot about the rotten kid until you brought him up.

My favorite dialogue on this cruise:

Rotten Kid: Dad, can we get in the hottub with you and these 4 strangers who are boozing and deliberately sought out the adult only hot tub to get away from the kids(ok, I ad-libbed a little)?

Bad Dad: Well, this is the adult only hot tub, so you will have to ask everyone else because I want to be your friend and can't tell you no.

Rotten Kid: Hey, awkward looking half drunk strangers, can me and my 2 friends get in the hottub.

Drunk Guy: I guess, you're not my kid and I'm not getting in the middle of this. I'll see you bagging my groceries at Wal-Mart in a few years.

Rotten Kid: Ok, CANNONBALL!

Me (in my head): This little sh*t just dumped hot salt water in my Bahama Mama. Maybe he and his dad can do cannonballs over the side of the ship!

OH MY!!! I missed that one!!! I woulda been busting up laughing....

What were your sayings guys, I can't remember!!!

She's working on the list, but I think your hubbie may have #1 with, "I don't care what we're doing, as long as I can pee and smoke first".

I was contemplating sharing my Half Moon encounter on here, but don't want to get anyone in trouble, just in case they read these boards.

Just off this ship and am loving Steph's review. Just thought I would add a few positives and negatives that I haven't seen covered yet.

First of all, this ship is CLEAN!! And I am picky- it was spotless. The cabin steward wiped down the entire room every day and you could see the vacuum marks on the carpet. On one of the port days they washed all of the windows in the atrium and the exterior windows of the staterooms.

Also, the entire staff was pleasant. I had read on other reviews that the Carnival staff tended to be rude- not true on the Fascination. Everyone always had a smile and tons of patience. Trevor, the cruise director did a great job and so did his staff. The dining room staff was exceptional and so was the entertainment. We also used the steam room and showers in the spa and they were great.

Now for the negative: I hate to complain about anything, because this cruise really did exceed my expectations, but there were a few things that could be improved upon. There were kids in the adult only hot tub. One of them even did a canonball off of the side- the kids have the use of the other hot tubs on the ship, so they should be restricted from the adults only one. Also, the whole thing with the soda cards could be improved- It would be nice to have soda stations on the ship. As it is now, you have to go to the bar and get a refill. Several times when I was sitting at the bar enjoying a drink there were packs of kids crowded around waiting for soda refills and swiveling around on the barstools.

I also think on my next cruise I might look into one that offers free-style dining. While I really enjoy meeting new people, our tablemates were just awful. It wasn't just us, by the end of the cruise everyone knew who our tablemates were because of their nonstop attention getting antics including "mooning" several people at Half Moon Cay.

Other than a few negatives, I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone!

I have to agree with you about the cleanliness of the ship and the friendliness of the staff & crew. I'm so sorry about your tablemates...I wish you could have joined us but the four of us were crammed into a booth suitable for 2. I missed the Half Moon "Moon" :eek:...I'm sitting here stiffling a laugh.

She's working on the list, but I think your hubbie may have #1 with, "I don't care what we're doing, as long as I can pee and smoke first".

I was contemplating sharing my Half Moon encounter on here, but don't want to get anyone in trouble, just in case they read these boards.

Oh do tell!!!;)

Kayjo, I completely forgot about the rotten kid until you brought him up.

My favorite dialogue on this cruise:

Rotten Kid: Dad, can we get in the hottub with you and these 4 strangers who are boozing and deliberately sought out the adult only hot tub to get away from the kids(ok, I ad-libbed a little)?

Bad Dad: Well, this is the adult only hot tub, so you will have to ask everyone else because I want to be your friend and can't tell you no.

Rotten Kid: Hey, awkward looking half drunk strangers, can me and my 2 friends get in the hottub.

Drunk Guy: I guess, you're not my kid and I'm not getting in the middle of this. I'll see you bagging my groceries at Wal-Mart in a few years.

Rotten Kid: Ok, CANNONBALL!

Me (in my head): This little sh*t just dumped hot salt water in my Bahama Mama. Maybe he and his dad can do cannonballs over the side of the ship!

I missed this one too....loved your dialog Tiger....Carnival should rename your drink the "Cannonball Splash". ;)

I missed this one too....loved your dialog Tiger....Carnival should rename your drink the "Cannonball Splash". ;)

lol that's cute

:D Does that mean you'll be coming with me :D ??

I'm still trying...... here's what Steve says...

3 day cruise too short........... YAAAAA says me

4 day cruise still too short......... WHOOO HOOOOOO says me

5 day cruise seems perfect.......... I can handle that!

7+ day cruise seems too much BECAUSE he wants to be able to take at LEAST 2 days off after the cruise before he goes back to work.... BOOOOOOOO says me

BUT he says after we retire we will FOR SURE do 7+ days.... WHAAAA?? We're in our 30's!!! :eek:

I'm workin on it!!!!

Come on please tell your story. You've got us all interested and wondering what happened.

After reading everyone's responses and reviews from ya'lls cruise, we feel like we know you and wish we had been on board with you. Such great words of wisdom.

Come on...... tell us about Half Moon Cay.....

Glad to hear that you really liked the Fascination, we are going on it in January. But, I do agree with you about the kids being in the "adult" area, drives me absolutely crazy! We have encountered that on several different cruises. It just infuriates me that parents don't have more control over their kids while on cruises! So many of them just "turn them loose" once they are on aboard! We were on the Liberty back in Feb 08 and were in the adult jacuzzi just chatting with others & along comes a man with his son, who appeared to be about 11 or 12 and they walked right past the sign that said "Adults Only", so in this case the "parent" was as bad as the kids! I think this issue is usually the only thing that has ever bothered me on a cruise, everything else I absolutely love!

We were there May 1996 (7 day- 5 ports of call out of Jan Juan)- I know- too long ago to have a valid opinion;

our FIRST cruise ever on the Fascination was PERFECT. The ship was beautiful, I loved the lobby area. Really pretty. Comparing to our recent Conquest cruise (Nov 2-9)- hands down, Fascination was better, and much more beautiful.

That's just my opinion.

Enjoy!

lol that's cute

I'm still trying...... here's what Steve says...

3 day cruise too short........... YAAAAA says me

4 day cruise still too short......... WHOOO HOOOOOO says me

5 day cruise seems perfect.......... I can handle that!

7+ day cruise seems too much BECAUSE he wants to be able to take at LEAST 2 days off after the cruise before he goes back to work.... BOOOOOOOO says me

BUT he says after we retire we will FOR SURE do 7+ days.... WHAAAA?? We're in our 30's!!! :eek:

I'm workin on it!!!!

see girl, you gotta work it,,,,don't fight it,guuuuuiiiidddee the man, gently and easily,,,,take another 5 day,,,,that's how you hook him!!!!! I predict another 5 day and you'll be booking a 7 day!!!!

Holly

see girl, you gotta work it,,,,don't fight it,guuuuuiiiidddee the man, gently and easily,,,,take another 5 day,,,,that's how you hook him!!!!! I predict another 5 day and you'll be booking a 7 day!!!!

Holly

Holly, I hope you're right!! Did you book Fascination yet? Are ya gonna go for it?? I wish I could join ya!

Question: do the Fascination bathrooms have the magnifying mirror attached to the wall? There weren't any on the Fantasy or Elation when I sailed them, but there were on Miracle and Glory.

I was hoping that when they reburbished the cabins that they added those.

I had lasik surgery a couple of years ago and now can see WAY off in the distance, but I now need reading glasses. Makes it kinda difficult to put on the makeup in the morning when you have to put your glasses on to see your face. So I use a magnifying mirror at home.

I bought a little travel one with suction cups on the back and then left it in a hotel bathroom a few months ago. Just wondering if I need to pick up another one. I took it on Miracle and then discovered I didn't need it. Don't want to pack a single thing I don't need.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived