getting from pier to lax

james j feller

You would just need to tell the dispatcher of whatever method you use the Port of Los Angeles (that's in San Pedro; as opposed to the Port of Long Beach, which only Carnival uses) and the name of the ship. When the driver enters the World Cruise Center (where the cruiseships are docked in San Pedro), there will be a sign with each ship docked there that day and its berth.

These are two great options. The third option is to arrange for a private car which won't cost you much more than than the taxi. One that we have used out there is execucar which is actually a subsidiary of super shuttle.

You can find them at http://www.execucar.com

Keith

Keith, what pier does Crystal use?

Thanks.

:)

• 5 weeks later...
There is also the option of Prime Time Shuttle but after reading a number of reviews we chose Super Shuttle and were pleased with them.:)

I've been reading on other threads that Super Shuttle is about $50.00 from LAX to Ship one way.

Can anyone confirm for me? Thanks!:)

We are sailing on the CORAL PRINCESS this OCT. 08 and we end up in L.A.

What pier will that be and what is the easiest way to get to the LAX airport.

Thank you

JIM

The Coral in October Oct 08 does not disembark in LA... it's last trip to LA is September 18, 2008, at least for a while. I realize this is a bit off topic, but I'm just confused?

But Super Shuttle is the cheapest way to go if you are leaving at regular hours from San Pedro to LAX--in March it was $17 each way.

Happy cruising,

VB1

Here is another option...sorry if too late and OP has already made arangements. We have done this with RCCL very easy and fun...looks like Princess offers the same excursion and a good way to get to LAX. I found this on Princess web site.

"La Highlights

A guided tour through the City of Angels takes you from the old pueblo in Olvera Street to the Sunset Strip and the Farmer's Market for free time to explore.

Depart the pier for a drive to the city’s famous landmarks. Pass the Los Angeles Coliseum, Sports Arena, Museum of Natural History, University of Southern California and drive through the downtown area. At Olivera Street, one of the oldest streets in the city, you will have a little time to stroll through this historic area, complete with Mexican handicraft shops, sidewalk stalls, and cafes. Re-boarding the motorcoach, you will head for Hollywood, crossing Sunset Boulevard enroute. At Mann’s Chinese Theater, you will have approximately 15 minutes to see where past and present screen stars have left their hand and foot prints in the concrete. Re-boarding your motorcoach you will continue on to the Farmer’s Market where you will have some time on your own for lunch and shopping."

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived