Spirit still having problems

annie m

Got a call from Norwegian today that the Aug 31st sailing will not be stopping at Grand Bahama and overnighting in Nassau due to a propulsion problem. They are allowing you to cancel or giving you a 50.00 OBC.

Oh well....I'm just glad to be getting away!!

Annie,

Thank you for the update. I am on the same cruise as you (deck 10) and had not yet heard of that. I went through an agency and they have not called me or emailed me yet about it.

Cant wait to hear from them on that! Woo hoo $50 more for me to drink up!

Hope to see you on the cruise, in a few days!

I wouldn't worry about the change-- I was on the Gem in April and the Spirit kind of followed us from Nassau to Grand Bahama. The poor Spirit people had to be back on board at like noon!

We heard Spirit passengers complaining all around us while we were at the beach.

We were complaining about our port stop, which was probably 8am-3pm, but there's really nothing to do close to the port and getting to the beach probably take between 20 and 30 minutes.

Enjoy Nassau instead :)

I am guessing it might be a port problem rather than an engine problem...according to NCL website 8/17 sailing has not changed only the 8/31...????

This effects the 8/31 sailing:

Due to unscheduled maintenance on the ship’s propulsion system, Norwegian Spirit will cancel the call to Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas and instead overnight in Nassau, Bahamas. Please be assured that our technical issue in no way impacts the safe operation of the vessel.

This effects the 8/31 sailing:

Due to unscheduled maintenance on the ship’s propulsion system, Norwegian Spirit will cancel the call to Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas and instead overnight in Nassau, Bahamas. Please be assured that our technical issue in no way impacts the safe operation of the vessel.

We had this change for the same reason on our July trip. I thought it was worth staying overnight in Nassau instead, being you didn't have much time in Grand Bahama anyway

We had this change for the same reason on our July trip. I thought it was worth staying overnight in Nassau instead, being you didn't have much time in Grand Bahama anyway

Exactly.. Be glad! Staying over night in Nassau will be soooo much better! You'll be able to enjoy some nightlife. It's almost like a mini land vacation.

Does anyone know if this "problem" will be affecting cruises to other ports? We leave in a week for Puerto Rico, B.V.I and Dominican Republic. They already changed itinerary once due to one engine not working. I may be stupid but why is a propulsion issue affecting one port?

How slowly can a week go!!!!:(

The engine problem didn't affect our trip in June to the Eastern Caribbean. In fact they did originally change from St. Thomas to Samana I think, but with the new itinerary we managed to get to all of our ports early. We averaged 21 knots and other than the slight sway common to any ship in motion, never had problems with motion. The sway you feel is usually when lying down and feels like napping in a hammock. As far as the bahamas, in my opinion, it is worth skipping grand b to stay longer in nassau. Check out Senor Frogs it is a great place and close to the pier.

Archived