Cabin for 5?

sakana

My DH insists on verandah, so another option if your kids are older and depending on your comfort level is to book a Cat 7 or 6 and a Cat. 11 directly across. It's less expensive than the connecting Cat. 7 and 6 cabins but you still get the benefit of two rooms and a verandah.

This is the option we will probably book for one of DCL 2010 Med itineraries. Our girls weill be 14, 9 and 7 at that time. They will probably only use the room for sleeping.

My DH insists on verandah, so another option if your kids are older and depending on your comfort level is to book a Cat 7 or 6 and a Cat. 11 directly across. It's less expensive than the connecting Cat. 7 and 6 cabins but you still get the benefit of two rooms and a verandah.

This is the option we will probably book for one of DCL 2010 Med itineraries. Our girls weill be 14, 9 and 7 at that time. They will probably only use the room for sleeping.

A doctor I work with uses this option. She said they put tape on the outside of the door. If it is broken then they know the door had been opened. She called it a cheerleading mom trick.

As a previous poster said, everyone has their own idea of what they find comfortable. We found the cat 4 just fine for us (3 adults and 2 kids). It only gives you an extra two or three feet of space then a cat 5 or 6. If you don't need that extra couple of feet, then save your money. What ever you decide, I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip.:)

HI everyone. I read this thread with interest as my family of four is thinking of taking our first family cruise and are trying to decide between a cat 4 and 5. DH and I took our first ever cruise on Celebrity this summer to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Our DS (5.5) saw the cruise video and said (hey there are kids on this boat why didn't we get to go). So, since we are all Disney fanatics and DS is building cruise ships out of his legos every day we are thinking about Disney for Thanksgiving 2010. At that time DS will be 7.5 and DD will have just had her 6th bday. We were in a concierge class cabin on Celebrity that was 191 sq ft. Which was fine for the two of us. We really only were in it to sleep and get ready for dinners. I couldn't imagine all 4 of us in it though. Do you think we should go with a cat 4 family stateroom to give a little more room for the kids or is it not really much different from a 5. There is a huge price difference. Also, in the Cat 5s that sleep 4 is it a double sofa bed or is it a sofa bed with a pull-down bunk above? Our kids get so excited just to be sleeping in the same room together that I cannot imagine them in the same bed not driving each other crazy. I presume the travel agents know which of the Cat5's sleep 4 and which are 3 and will suggest staterooms accordingly.

Thanks for the advice.

Hilary

Welcome Hilary to our cruise line family. Let me try to help you here. First off any room on DCL that a family of 4 can book in Cat. 4-11 all have a single convertable sofa bed. It is not a standard sofa bed like on RCCL. It is a coach where the back of the sofa is a FULL size fluffy standard size twin bed. It is wonderful. They also have a pull down twin bed that comes from the ceiling. So this does not matter WHAT cat. you book in 4-11. A cat. 4 is more because it also has an additional MUrphy bed from the wall for a 5th person. You do get about 2 extra feet at the end, but that is taken up by the chair that is there. Your steamer trunk is also wider, but that is it..... Not really worth the money. The only difference between a cat. 5 & 6 is location. Again, not worth the price difference. So if you want a balcony, book a 6, if you only need a window book a 8, if you only need a split bath, book a 10 and if you only need to sleep and change, book an 11. When you go up a category, that is what the price difference is getting you. At cat. 4 is a lot more $$, but is really made for the family with 3 little kids. I did not mention a cat. 1-3, because I am sure they are ALL gone if looking at next November as they are snagged within a week of the booking window as there are only about 5 on the entire ship and this is the only concierge levels of service. Hope this helps.;)

I did not mention a cat. 1-3, because I am sure they are ALL gone if looking at next November as they are snagged within a week of the booking window as there are only about 5 on the entire ship and this is the only concierge levels of service. Hope this helps.;)

There are more than 5 suites on the ship. It breaks down like this:

2 Cat. 1s

2 Cat. 2s

18 Cat. 3s

It's true that it can be very hard to book a suite but DCL wil put you on a waitlist.

Archived