Bringing Food / Drinks Onboard

tinkandpan

I'm not sure why one would bother. You can't possibly go hungry OR thirsty on a cruise. You can get lemonade and fruit punch all day long for free. You'll find lots of fruit and things to snack on in the buffet - take a few pieces of fruit back to your cabin. Take a couple boxes of cereal. There is food and drink available 24/7 somewhere on every ship.

It is perfectly acceptable to bring prepackaged drinks/snacks for the kids. Our kids do not drink iced tea, lemonade of fruit punch (say it taste like Kool-Aid to them). So, we bring a few small water bottles and some 100% juice boxes. We also bring something like granola bars or peanut butter crackers to be able to throw in the beach bag. They come in handy when in port and we may not be right by kid-friendly food.

Enjoy your cruise with your family! :)

We had no problem last year taking stuff for DD (1 @ the time). We took her cereal, some of the toddler meals,some snacks & her white grape juice (she can't have others). We will do the same again in the spring too. Most of the time we found plenty for her to eat but it was just in case(and the whole juice thing we knew she couldn't have the stuff onboard). My sister just got back from Carnival out of Galveston and they took snacks too (her DD has a nut allergy) and they didn't say anything to them. Happy cruising! :D

thanks- i don't like my kids drinking a lot of fruit punch and the like as my son gets a little wound up with certain types of drinks due to the dyes- so I would prefer my own brands. ALso thought just a few snacks to nibble on- like some goldfish or cheddar bunnies so we don't have a week of total snacks would be helpful. My dd sort of grazes throughout the day and I always like to keep some things in my bag

We always do the same too, and will pad in a trip to the store if leaving from a port other than our home one.

One thing to consider is if you're going to take a snack off the ship in port, make sure it's pre-packaged in a unopened container. Many times you won't be allowed to take loose food off the ship.

I will second, third and fourth what has been said here.

We bring juice boxes, granola bars, and small bags of chips with us. Yes, the kids have plenty to eat and drink.. but sometimes during quiet rest times, it is just easier to give her a juice box than to trek to the Lido Deck for a cup of juice. They also come in handy in port.

As far as the chips go, there are very few opportunities to get "salty crunchy" things on a cruise. The bars sometimes have goldfish, and room service has chips with sandwhiches.... but that is about it. Our kids don't eat candy or sweets - they are chip fanatics!

Catrin

Yes, you can take snacks and drinks onboard in a carryon bag, even a small cooler.

Just make sure that you purchase them after you get off the airplane.

You could always purchase these items at home and pack them in your suitcase and then once you get to the place that you are cruising from, you can transfer them to your carryon bag or somewhere more convenient.

We always pack snacks and juices, and drink mixes even though we dont use them nearly as much on the cruise due to the endless supply of food and drinks.

I did what a previous poster suggested and take fruit or snacks back to the room for those "in between" meal times that you got hungry and didnt want pizza. The buffet and lunch hours vary from day to day so sometimes we found ourselves stuck without something to snack on.

We cruised with our 4 yr old this time and it was his first cruise so we had to anticipate any problems cropping up.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!

Angela

Archived