JUST BACK! Explorer to Bermuda 08.09.08

MrPete

Great review Mr. Pete :). I loved your pictures, especially of the sunset - I don't know where I was but I totally missed that one! Now I am depressed ;). It's something about this cruise, I have no idea what I was doing most of the time but I know I was always busy! For example, I can not for the life of me remember what I did on the first at-sea day. No clue. My first full day of being married and I can't even remember it ;).

Anyways, thanks for the blow-by-blow!

Until next time!

Thanks Emily! Loved looking at all yours as well!

Pete...what was your view of Formal Night??

Do we pack the full length dress & Tux or should we skip it?

Angel....

Love your new pic in your siggie! Is that from the EOS??

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LOL.

If I think hard enough, I MIGHT remember what I had for dinner last night. :D

But, no, I didn't save any menus, but I do know formal night was the second day (1st full day at sea), so you shouldn't plan for that night.

We've yet to eat at Potofino's. Looking at the menu while waiting for DW or DD to pee, nothing's ever struck my fancy. Add a <13 y/o DD, and decision is written for us.

haha well thanks anyway! I have been to Portofinos once, can't remember which ship I was on, one of the Voyager classes and it was DELICIOUS! But, I went to Chops on the Liberty this summer and it was better! So if you ever get a chance to go to either, I highly suggest it!

Happy Cruising!

We were on the 5 night Explorer to Bermuda in September, and we had the Fishermans Platter with lobster on the 5th night.

Can't remember what they served on Formal night which was the 2nd night.

I do remember they had lamb shank one night which was delicious.

I kept my compasses, they are a nice memento of the trip.

I kept thinking the menu was in there, but I couldn't find it. Darn. I know there are other posts on this forum where the menu is listed, so I'll do a search when I get a chance. We actually figured out which night we were going to Portofino's ahead of time based on the menu, and made our reservations online.

I very much enjoyed the food in the dining room. The portions are not large, but that suited me fine with having an appetizer and dessert to go along with it. I've heard many people say you can order more than one entree.

We just booked our trip and can't wait. I am nervous about the rooms, so any info would be appreciated. We are deck 7: E-1 category. It is all we could get, since we need an adjoining room.

MrPete thanks for the info and pictures!

How are the specialty restaurants?

Any details I need to know would be appreciated.

I have to go-I'll be back!

• 1 month later...

We ate at Portofino's the first night in Bermuda. We made reservations a bit earlier than our standard late seating in the dining room. Our goal was to be able to enjoy the dockside festival, but it was rained out.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meal there, and we had a wonderul table for two next to the window. Dinner was leisurely and tasty, but I missed our waiters from the main dining room. Lucas and Siddarth were so much fun.

• 4 months later...
I know this review is from last year but I just wanted to thank you for it!

Also did your daughter like the cruise and did she participate in any if the youth activites?

You're welcome! When it pops up, I end up looking at the pictures again myself, just to reminisce. ;)

She loved the cruise. It was her 9th, so she's become quite the veteran. In fact, we've been in the city this past week and doesn't understand why we aren't getting on a ship! We went to the Top of the Rock yesterday, and both Bayonne and the NY piers are blocked from view. :mad: But we did see the NCL Dawn from a street view, and then a brilliant sunset.

And no, she didn't participate in the youth activities. 5 days goes by so fast, she never gets up to OA at all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT pics (a very good looking family) and loved your review. Very funny.

Hope to read another of yours in the future and judging by the number of cruises you've been on I'm sure I will!

Mary

Edited by silver_cloud
can't type...doh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...