Take pity on a RCCL person and help me please!!

ElvisandTracey

Ok Carnival folks, I am a Royal Caribbean person and I have a dilemma that only you all can help me with. I am cruising April 09, during spring break, right now booked on the RC Independence out of Florida. However, I live in Ca., and airfare at the moment for 5 from LAX to FLL is almost as much as the darn cruise. SO I am trying to crusie from my home ports of LA/Long Beach or San Diego to avoid flying, which I hate anyway at any price.

Here's the issue, I need a ship with a waterslide for my 4 year old, but Mariner (RC's LA ship) doesn't have one, that's why I was gonna fly to FL. Now I find about about Carnival's Splendor out of LB, and it has 2 waterslides as far as I can tell from the photos, one huge yellow one and one small blue one. I need to know if there are age/height limits on both slides, and nobody seems to know, including the folks that answer the phones at Carnival.

I can't book it until I know for sure if my 4 Y.O can go on either or both slides, with or without an adult, which is fine if he can go with me or dad, I just don't want to get there and find out he can't get on either slide because he's too small.

So, if anyone knows for sure, or can tell me how to find out about the specific requirements for both slides, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, can someone compare for me this ship to say a Voyager or Freedom class RCCL ship, as I have no point of reference with Carnival. I think this is Carnival's top of the line, but I really have no clue about anything not RCCL.

Thanks, Tracey. :)

I think I know someone that can help you. Check this page

http://www.zidecocruiser.com he just spent many days(20 something Back to back to back) on the ship and he took pictures of everything, I mean everything on the ship. I think he took pictures of the signs outside the slides that may have that info. Write him. He has capers( even childrens) and menus also

This are the links to each individual trip

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor_pre_map.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor_three_map.htm

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor_inaugural_map.htm

Ok Carnival folks, I am a Royal Caribbean person and I have a dilemma that only you all can help me with. I am cruising April 09, during spring break, right now booked on the RC Independence out of Florida. However, I live in Ca., and airfare at the moment for 5 from LAX to FLL is almost as much as the darn cruise. SO I am trying to crusie from my home ports of LA/Long Beach or San Diego to avoid flying, which I hate anyway at any price.

Here's the issue, I need a ship with a waterslide for my 4 year old, but Mariner (RC's LA ship) doesn't have one, that's why I was gonna fly to FL. Now I find about about Carnival's Splendor out of LB, and it has 2 waterslides as far as I can tell from the photos, one huge yellow one and one small blue one. I need to know if there are age/height limits on both slides, and nobody seems to know, including the folks that answer the phones at Carnival.

I can't book it until I know for sure if my 4 Y.O can go on either or both slides, with or without an adult, which is fine if he can go with me or dad, I just don't want to get there and find out he can't get on either slide because he's too small.

So, if anyone knows for sure, or can tell me how to find out about the specific requirements for both slides, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, can someone compare for me this ship to say a Voyager or Freedom class RCCL ship, as I have no point of reference with Carnival. I think this is Carnival's top of the line, but I really have no clue about anything not RCCL.

Thanks, Tracey. :)

I can't help you with the ship's comparison but I can tell you that the minimum height for the big slide is 42 inches. I don't believe that there is any restriction on the drag racing slides... the blue ones...

Thanks to both of you for the info. At least I know now that the little blue slide is called the drag racing slide, that's at least a start. The CSR I spoke to didn't even know the ship had 2 different slides, not very helpful.

The real problem is I can't just look up the answer somewhere, I would think that quite a few parents of small kids would need to know this.

Thanks to both of you for the info. At least I know now that the little blue slide is called the drag racing slide, that's at least a start. The CSR I spoke to didn't even know the ship had 2 different slides, not very helpful.

The real problem is I can't just look up the answer somewhere, I would think that quite a few parents of small kids would need to know this.

Yeah... the other slide is called 'The Twister'...

There's also a water park, Spa Deck aft of midships, where the little ones can run through spray and fountains... Very much like the water park on the newly renovated Fantasy class ships.

In the case of the Splendor the water park is located away from the main pool and slides to keep the joyous little ones from disturbing the adults too much!! :D

According to carnival.com, it doesn't differentiate between the two.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Restrictions_on_Board.aspx

All carnival ships have a slide but most of the ships just have the one big slide, but some of the fantasy class ships and Carnival Splendour have waterworks (the two slides plus fountains). The two new Carnival ships will have it too.

Since Splendour is so new, many people have been on her yet. You may be able to find out about waterworks on the fantasy class ships and see what people's experiences with the racing slides are for height requirement.

Here's a thought-do any other active Carnival ships have the same 2 slides, or is this a new feature unique to Splendor??

Currently, the Inspiration and Imagination have the full 'Evolutions of Fun' upgrades that include a HUGE waterslide, the drag racing slides and a water park. Others of the Fantasy class are having this upgrade done as they cycle through dry dock. I believe the next ship in line will be the Fantasy followed by the Sensation...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/eof/default.aspx

John Heald is currently the CD of the Splendor, correct? Why not just have the OP post her question on John's blog thingy....he often reminds people that if they have a question they need a direct reply to, to put "Urgent! Stephanie, pleas have John answer!" or something to that effect...Surely he would be able to answer any of her questions about the Splendor....

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

John Heald is currently the CD of the Splendor, correct? Why not just have the OP post her question on John's blog thingy....he often reminds people that if they have a question they need a direct reply to, to put "Urgent! Stephanie, pleas have John answer!" or something to that effect...Surely he would be able to answer any of her questions about the Splendor....

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Good point! If anyone would know, it'd be John Heald. I think a lot of the problem is that it's such a new ship and technically a new class of ship.

When I was on the Inspiration in January they were only checking height, not age. They did not let children on the yellow twister slide even with parents permission if they did not meet the height requirements. They were using a measuring stick like at a theme park.

I found this here... http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Restrictions_on_Board.aspx

Use of the waterslide:

Holiday; Fantasy; Sensation; Elation; Paradise; Fascination; Ecstasy: Guest must be 48" inches in height. The slide ends in the pool.

Carnival... Imagination; Inspiration; Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor: Guest must be 42" inches in height. The slide is separate from the pool.Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first.

Alas, the dream is dead!!:( The final word from Carnival is that both slides have a 42 inch height requirement (which apparently a staff memebr monitors at the edge of the slide), and even though my 4 year old is a pretty big guy, he isn't 42 inches yet, and he would pitch a fit about his brother going on slides if he couldn't go. Guess it's on to Florida and the Independece...thanks for all the help everyone!!:)

Evolutions of Fun Waterworks (rendering)

Here is a pic from the Carnival Website of the waterslides on the Spendor.

Dont know the height restriction, but I think it is the same 42" as on the other slides on Carnival Ships.

Also look on the carnival site and check the "funships" any with the W in a circle beside them have the waterworks - you can view info about them there

Alas, the dream is dead!!:( The final word from Carnival is that both slides have a 42 inch height requirement (which apparently a staff memebr monitors at the edge of the slide), and even though my 4 year old is a pretty big guy, he isn't 42 inches yet, and he would pitch a fit about his brother going on slides if he couldn't go. Guess it's on to Florida and the Independece...thanks for all the help everyone!!:)

Sorry...have a great cruise from Florida!!

The dilemma continues. I measured my son last night, and he is exactly 40 inches in bare feet. The slides require 42 inches, and the trip is still 7 1/2 months away-the way this boy grows (he's not even 4 yet and already 40 inches) he just might be 42 inches by mid-April. I might just chance it and hope for the best...I must decide this weekend and change my booking if that's what I'm gonna do!!

Decisions, decisions....:eek:

Thanks all!!!:D

The dilemma continues. I measured my son last night, and he is exactly 40 inches in bare feet. The slides require 42 inches, and the trip is still 7 1/2 months away-the way this boy grows (he's not even 4 yet and already 40 inches) he just might be 42 inches by mid-April. I might just chance it and hope for the best...I must decide this weekend and change my booking if that's what I'm gonna do!!

Just plan on feeding him alot between now and then and doing some stretching before bed! LOL

Enjoy whatever you decide!

The Splendor has the twister water slide not the drag racing slide. I was on th Splendor 7/13. They do have a little slide in the water works area with crash bumpers on the wall because I guess it goes pretty fast but it is a little preschooler size slide. But the twister slide I heard was pretty good.

The Splendor has the twister water slide not the drag racing slide. I was on th Splendor 7/13. They do have a little slide in the water works area with crash bumpers on the wall because I guess it goes pretty fast but it is a little preschooler size slide. But the twister slide I heard was pretty good.

Wow, you are the first person who has actually been on the ship. So the second Blue slide is not the "Drag Race" slide, and it's for small kids?? If this is so, you just made my decision for me, thanks!!

I bet he grows enough in 8 months..Teach him to stand tall..:)

Kelly

I did it, I booked Splendor for April 12, 2009. Now I will be searching the internet for children's watershoes with lifts!!;) :D

Wish me luck everyone!!

Cute!!! No lifts needed...just fold a washcloth and place it in the heel of each shoe!!! ta da....instant height!!!!

(they don't call me a redneck for nothin'....I earned the title!!!)

Cute!!! No lifts needed...just fold a washcloth and place it in the heel of each shoe!!! ta da....instant height!!!!

(they don't call me a redneck for nothin'....I earned the title!!!)

Great idea...don't worry, I won't name my source if the coppers bust me!!:D

Archived