Elevator Noise?

On our next cruise, we're booked in an outside cabin, 3336, on the Liberty of the Seas. I purposefully chose a cabin as close to the elevators as possible, due to traveling with an elderly person. Now, my question is, will the dings and general noise from the Elevators be ridiculously hearable? I've mentioned in the past how I've been "glad I don't have that room" in regards to those right off the elevator hallway.

Thanks!

I am also traveling with an older, less mobile passenger, and chose the quietest hallway I could find and afford. We have an aft cabin, to reduce traffic in the hallway. It is a longer haul for her to get to the elevator, but she won't be coming and going a lot throughout the day/evening.

I've been closer to elevators on other ships, and the elevator sounds didn't bother me, but loud people and kids running sure were noticed.

Just my personal experience, but others who have sailed the Liberty can better address your question...

Just off the Liberty three weeks ago... all elevators and stairwells are in areas separate from the passageways due to fire regulations. I seroiusly doubt you would have sound issues even if you were in a cabin just inside the passageway, at least from the elevators. Now kids and others being loud in the areas... that's another story. Frankly we were very pleased with the "quietness" (is that a word?) while in the cabins on the Liberty. One thing you might do is get one of those "white noise" devices to give you consistent background noise that would mask alost any outside noise. Just a thought.

Archived