MBNA/BoA Credit Card being reissued

7SeasLover

I received a letter from BoA stating that both my and my husband's former MBNA credit cards are being reissued due to some fraud activity. They said there is nothing I can do about this.

Does anyone know if I will no longer get cruise rewards? Will the card be the same as NCL's MBNA card?

I'm not very happy.

I received a letter from BoA stating that both my and my husband's former MBNA credit cards are being reissued due to some fraud activity. They said there is nothing I can do about this.

Does anyone know if I will no longer get cruise rewards? Will the card be the same as NCL's MBNA card?

I'm not very happy.

HOLY MACAROLI, Ginny! Not when I'm so close to another 1500 points ($$$) :eek:

I'm really ticked. I called BoA and was so upset I forgot to asked about the thousand points both Del and I have on each of our cards! AND... will the new card be a reward card with NCL and will our points remain?

Duh! I can't believe I didn't ask that. I was so upset that my card is on file with all my travel vendors! (Clothes, TA's, NCL, clothes, future cruise bookings, clothes, hotels and clothes.)

Grrrrrrr!

I did go to NCL and see that they still have BoA reward cards, so hopefully just the number will change. I was also upset because my card had a photo of the Dawn and I didn't want that to change.

they just change the number and transfer over the points and the account balances. it doesn't effect anything. It still will be an NCL BOA card just the number changes....we have had this happen once or twice and it just isn't a problem.

Ginny, the same happened to me. Only the numbers are switched. Everything will remain the same. When I received my monthly statement with the new numbers a few days ago, it still has the NCL point total.

The odd part is the 500 voucher cashed in two weeks ago appears as a 300.29 credit. I am waiting to see if it corrects itself as it did the last time.

Coka

Well' date=' it's good to know that it looks like a small matter.[/font']

BUT, I agree with Ginny ... now two more account numbers to commit to memory and begin using with all the vendors ... :o

~d

what you can do so you don't have to change the numbers in the future is set up on line only numbers that won't change because you can limit them to certain use. I do this now and then especially when I am buying something from overseas or making a reservation for a guarantee.....

I have six BoA cards (previously MBNA) and have had to change cards three or four times due to fraudualant activity.

Your points will be unaffected, however, you will need to give the new number to your vendores. It's a pain but better than having fraudulant charges. If you can't remembrer exactly which card you have on file with certain vendors, hang on - you can bet they'll call you when their charges come back as invalid. They will underatnd, happens all the time in today's world.

Agreed, they will transfer your points and of course, your balance due :rolleyes: to the new card. This also happened to me, just received the replacement card yesterday.

Word of Warning to ANYONE who has EVER bought from classiccloseouts.com. Evidently they have decided that any prior purchase with them has authorized them to auto-enroll customers into a yearly membership. We haven't bought from them since 2004 and DH's BOA NCL account was charged $69.99 in July. I disputed the charge. My BOA NCL account was chargd $59.99 in August. BOA called and asked us to verify the charge. We denied it and a fraud alert was put on the account. Check you statements good.

I had the same happen to me 2 years ago. I had purchases from Aruba showing on my account. While I was on the phone with BOA, another charge in Aruba was taking place. They changed my account, sent me a new card, and transferred all by points over. I was suprised how easy the whole situation was.

Well! What a relief! I do commit my credit card numbers to memory as it's easier for online purchases. Of course, I won't have to remember which vendors to change - it's ALL of them because this is the only card I use.

As usual, glad I came here to vent - every always seems to calm me down. Now I can get on to other things like booking travel! :)

So many of you have mentioned having fraudulent activity on your card that it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with these cards. Knock on wood - but we've never had any problems with any of our CCs before. Am I getting myself in trouble if I get a BoA tied to NCL?

So many of you have mentioned having fraudulent activity on your card that it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with these cards. Knock on wood - but we've never had any problems with any of our CCs before. Am I getting myself in trouble if I get a BoA tied to NCL?

no nothing wrong with the card. I have had the same thing happen with Citibank cards. Its just credit cards in general. the number of issues are about the same...

I'm not very happy.

At least you got a letter. Last year they just sent me new cards! What a pain to have to change all the auto billings at the last minute.

But they do transfer your balance (sorry have to pay) and your points.

It's not the card. I've had it happen with my JC Penney and Sunoco cards. :rolleyes:

I'm not very happy.

Holy Crap - that is just too much of a coincidence - my Master Card company just sent me a new card saying mine had been compromised again. This just happened in 2006 as well. I was thinking it had been the online order I used to order hubby a new Bluenose II jacket (his went missing in Rome) but it makes me a little nervous seeing that other NCL customers are having the same problem. Of course the credit card co. won't say where, when who - so it leaves it all up to speculation - and mystery. I hate that.

Have to mention that the only charges again my personal card (hubby has joint - different number) is for our Jade trip this past Feb/March and the above mentioned online billing - Very seldom do I use my card - it's always his and for some reason his is ok this time.

You should be able to get your cruise rewards under the new number - I imagine they will transfer it over from the old card - like they do with the non fraudulent charges.

I received a letter a couple years ago and new card (national city bank... not BofA/NCL) saying they were taking the precaution to reissue several cardholders due to fraud they had detected. None had yet been noted on mine, it was merely a precaution.

Balances and rewards all transferred. But... one thing I noticed is that it showed up on my credit report as if I canceled the old card and opened a new account. (Account Closed by Customer). It didn't matter to me, but I'm sure it lowered my credit score by a few points.

You might want to check with them to see how they plan to report it to the bureaus.

after BJ's had their credit card files stolen. Mastercard is wonderful at protecting it's customers with new cards overnight & BJ's knew nothing about it, so they tell us.

Holy Crap - that is just too much of a coincidence - my Master Card company just sent me a new card saying mine had been compromised again. This just happened in 2006 as well. I was thinking it had been the online order I used to order hubby a new Bluenose II jacket (his went missing in Rome) but it makes me a little nervous seeing that other NCL customers are having the same problem. Of course the credit card co. won't say where, when who - so it leaves it all up to speculation - and mystery. I hate that.

Have to mention that the only charges again my personal card (hubby has joint - different number) is for our Jade trip this past Feb/March and the above mentioned online billing - Very seldom do I use my card - it's always his and for some reason his is ok this time.

You should be able to get your cruise rewards under the new number - I imagine they will transfer it over from the old card - like they do with the non fraudulent charges.

Marlissa: Same exact thing happened to one of our NCL cards regarding classic ripoff closeouts. Only ordered from them once in 2005 and lo and behold a $69.99 showed up in July on our one NCL card we barely use. I tried calling the all their voice mailboxes were full. I called BOA and they tried to contact them to no avail. I immediately printed the online statement filled out the dispute and mailed it in. However, before BOA could have even received my dispute the charge was removed. Just a little "PITA" to straighten out. Note: BOA is always great to me.

I just got a letter from B of A that they reissued my card. I need to find out what to do about reservations that I made that say to bring the card that you used for the reservation with you. What do you do?

just bring he new card the only thing that has changed is the last 4 or 5 numbers. they get this all the time. the name is the same and the first numbers are the same...not a problem really.

I just got a letter from B of A that they reissued my card. I need to find out what to do about reservations that I made that say to bring the card that you used for the reservation with you. What do you do?

I got the same letter yesterday. It says you old card is still good until you activate the new one that I should get in a week. I would bring the old and new card with me for those reservations.

This is a little different then the last time I had to change account numbers since no fraud has occurred but apparently some vendor has compromised our information. In the case of active fraud the card has to be turned off immediately.

Archived