Loved Bannister Island

jessandpaul

Just wanted to let you know how much we really enjoyed the Private Island Beach Break (aka Bannister island) during our recent cruise on the Carnival Legend. It was perfect except for one thing..it was too short! :(

Here is a link to our pics from the cruise. There are a lot of them, but if you scroll through you will see the pics from Bannister. Lovely!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/565426206gEaBbL?vhost=travel&start=0

CigarDude - We were on the first excursion to Bannister that left at 9:15 (its about a 10 minute tender) we were back on board by 145 which left plenty of time to go to town. In fact, the driver of the tender boat told those who wanted to go to town to simply stay on the tender and he took them. If you get on one of the later Bannister excursions, I'm not sure going to town would be an option.

Do you think there would be enough shade for us "tender-skinned" folks?

That's my biggest concern.....not being able to have shade and being out in the sun for that long.

(Sorry....but I'm old and I wrinkle easily :eek: )

Just wanted to let you know how much we really enjoyed the Private Island Beach Break (aka Bannister island) during our recent cruise on the Carnival Legend. It was perfect except for one thing..it was too short! :(

Here is a link to our pics from the cruise. There are a lot of them, but if you scroll through you will see the pics from Bannister. Lovely!

Do you know if they had a snorkeling trip by boat from Bannister Island to a reef offshore? If so, do you know what they charged?

Thanks.

Ice- thanks for reminding me! I meant to mentoim that.... Before you get off the tender, the "guide" explains that the water trampoline and kyaks (sp?) are available for a $10 wristband (combined) and that there was a snorkle boast to the reef for $20 pp. I do not know if equipment was included. I do know that Carnival offers an excursion which combines snorkle and Bannister, but I believe you only have about an hour on Bannister.

Hi, Jess! I replied to you on my other post (about if it would be possible to stay longer than 4 hours, but then thought you may not read it.) Wanted to let you know the pictures you posted from your Legend cruise & Bannister Island are one of the reasons I want to go there now!! I guess they won't let you stay and go back on a tender with a later group, eh?

another question I have is:

The dates you were there had the same amount of passengers (3 ships) as when we are going - did Bannister seem really crowded to you?

Hi KC - Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! Paul is the photog. I am the "creative director" LOL which amounts to "take this!..now this!! Oooo this...." Works for us!

We were some of the first to get to Bannister and people were still coming on when it was time for us to leave. I think that because of the staggered excursions, it never did feel crowded. I wonder if a $20 slipped to the "tour guide" (you will know exactly who that is if you go) wouldn't get you on a later tender back to your ship! We loved it so much and truly could have stayed there for hours more.

Let us know how you make out.

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm trying to figure out what to do in Belize and this is wonderful!

Hi KC - Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! Paul is the photog. I am the "creative director" LOL which amounts to "take this!..now this!! Oooo this...." Works for us!

We were some of the first to get to Bannister and people were still coming on when it was time for us to leave. I think that because of the staggered excursions, it never did feel crowded. I wonder if a $20 slipped to the "tour guide" (you will know exactly who that is if you go) wouldn't get you on a later tender back to your ship! We loved it so much and truly could have stayed there for hours more.

Let us know how you make out.

Thanks for the tip!! I'll let you know!

Dianne

• 1 month later...

I am going to Belize next week. I am taking my family with two children ages 8 and 11. Would this be a good place to take the kids? Did the tender cost anything?

What were the cost for the chaise?

Thanks in advance.

I saw your criuse photos. You all looked like you were having a great time!

Bannister Caye is a beautiful private island. You have to book a tour to go there. You can book through the ship or a private excursion. It is Carnival's Private Island Beach Break. There are also a few independent operators that offer this. Carnival's excursion will pick you up at the ship and return you to the ship. The private companies will require you to tender to the port in Belize City and then board a boat to go to the island. It costs around $40 per person I believe. You do not have to pay for the chairs once you are there. You are able to rent kyaks and there is food and a bar there to purchase what you want. Hope this helps.

Cruise for sanity,

I'll also add that I was there last January and I think your kids would love it. The water is warm and beautiful. The sand is while with lots of tiny little shells. There is enough to do to keep them occupied in my opinion. We will be there next Thursday on the Legend. We are snorkeling and then going to Bannister with my two kids which are 11 and 15. Can't wait.

We paid $40 or 45 on the Carnival Legend to go to Bannister Island. They picked us up at the ship, we were on the island for about 4 hours then we had the option of either going back to the ship or staying on and going over to the port. Snorkeling would be o.k. there, not much coral but lots of fish and a few huge starfish. We loved it there. Had a great $15. lobster lunch, too, at their huge tiki bar!

Jessenpaul........... did you use Carnival's excursion or use a private tour place. If private who was it.

I was set on going to Caye Caulker but after reading your report and viewing your beautiful pictures I may change my mind.

So you say they will pick you up at the ship then drop you off at Belize afterwards? Is it worth going into Belize City?

We have been to Belize and did Cave Tubing so don't want to do that again.

BTW, we were on the Legend and now going on the Miracle.

Beth

I was in Belize a few years ago and booked the Bannister island tour through Coral Breeze. I did some snorkeling while my husband stayed on the island. If we book it through Carnival, do you think I will be able to book the snorkel trip once I get there? Iknow there is a bar, but is there a separate resturant?

Thanks,

Susan

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise last week. Just to throw this out there...we took a tour through Coral Breeze tours that picked us up at the pier. We went to Bannister Island and dropped off people who did not wish to snorkel. We then continued about 5 min boat ride to a reef and snorkeled for about 1 hour. (I could have stayed all day it was that great) We went back to Bannister Island and stayed for about 2 hours and had lunch. Not crowded at all. Free beach chairs and hammocks and floats to use. After that, we went to a place where manatees gathered and looked for them. We saw several..that is to say, we saw the shadows and noses. They do not exactly jump out of the water! On the way back to the pier, dolphins were jumping alongside our boat. A fantastic day...the highlight of my cruise. I would do this again in a heartbeat. Just wished it would have lasted longer! The comparable ship offered tour was $100 more than what we paid. Truly a wonderful day.

Just returned from our cruise last week. Just to throw this out there...we took a tour through Coral Breeze tours that picked us up at the pier. We went to Bannister Island and dropped off people who did not wish to snorkel. We then continued about 5 min boat ride to a reef and snorkeled for about 1 hour. (I could have stayed all day it was that great) We went back to Bannister Island and stayed for about 2 hours and had lunch. Not crowded at all. Free beach chairs and hammocks and floats to use. After that, we went to a place where manatees gathered and looked for them. We saw several..that is to say, we saw the shadows and noses. They do not exactly jump out of the water! On the way back to the pier, dolphins were jumping alongside our boat. A fantastic day...the highlight of my cruise. I would do this again in a heartbeat. Just wished it would have lasted longer! The comparable ship offered tour was $100 more than what we paid. Truly a wonderful day.

Thanks for the information, I may look into Coral Breeze. One question, did they get you back to the boat with plenty of time to spare? Sounds like a great time!

Archived