Is it me?

lindamojo

Hi everyone, I did a really silly thing - been nagging other half about going on a cruise for a long time - saw a great deal one day, he said go on then, booked it within half an hour and now doing lots of research :o

The 'is it me?' comes in because from my research I believe that Island Escape does an all inclusive package but the Island Star doesn't :confused: I don't understand how this can be when they are owned by the same company - surely they ought to be offering the same basic facilities?

Guess I'll be walking the gang plank when my other half sees the bar bill at the end of the holiday :eek:

Oh well, just hope that bill won't put him off going again as I have high hopes for our future hols :D

Hi, the "all inclusive" option (read as: house/soft drinks are included) was offered originally as an early booking incentive - you can probably also pay more to upgrade to it now, not sure.

But as you said, it was only offered on the Island Escape for some reason known only to Island Cruises.

I'm sure you're bar bill won't be that huge and you'll have a great time.

Thanks for that, I'm sure we will enjoy!

Think I may email Island Cruises and pose the question.

We have no problem paying for a drinks package at all - just hope that one is available as I know how much we can spend on a night out at home :eek: and it will just make life easier (him indoors not watching what I'm drinking and mentally running up a tab in his head lol)

We are just so used to going on All Inclusive holidays and this is our first cruise and I just feel so guilty for not having done lots of research before hand - just jumped right in when he actually agreed to me booking it! Ah, hindsight - what a wonderful thing!

Hi everyone, I did a really silly thing - been nagging other half about going on a cruise for a long time - saw a great deal one day, he said go on then, booked it within half an hour and now doing lots of research :o

The 'is it me?' comes in because from my research I believe that Island Escape does an all inclusive package but the Island Star doesn't :confused: I don't understand how this can be when they are owned by the same company - surely they ought to be offering the same basic facilities?

Guess I'll be walking the gang plank when my other half sees the bar bill at the end of the holiday :eek:

Oh well, just hope that bill won't put him off going again as I have high hopes for our future hols :D

Only the Escape does all inclusive te star does better upgrades.You can purchase in when you get onboard.The Star is a bit posher than the Escape but not alot.

Hi Lincslass64

That sounds interesting - any idea what sort of upgrades are available on the Star and where do you go to get them?

Not too worried about how posh the ship is, we really are just wanting to try out the whole cruise experience as we really aren't sure if it is for us. Hopefully it will be on to bigger and better cruises after this one :D

Hi

We were on the Island Star last year - if you check out the thread by Richardson08 - purchases on Island Starr - I gave prices of drinks on the Star. We found the prices cheaper than here in Dublin. Have fun.;)

Hi Keith

Thanks for the update on the prices on the Star. :) They seem to be on par with last year. Have you written a review? We are counting the days until our trip on the Escape later this month.:cool:

Hi,

I can't remember the exact prices of the spirits and mixers.I do recall the cocktails on deck were £2.99 and that was a buy one get one free,a good deal.

I have'nt written a review,we were very pleased with all aspects of the cruise on Star apart from the location of our cabin which was on Deck 5 ( Coral ) aft end.Because the cabin was at the aft end we did get a lot of noise and vibration early morning making it impossible to sleep.

We will almost certainly cruise with Island again providing I can choose my cabin.

Keith.:)

Hi,

Just back from a cruise on the Star. As I think someone else mentioned the beer is £2.80 and cocktails £2.99 although usually have offers everyday - ie cheaper cocktails or buy 2 for the price of 1 for cocktails and some beers. Strongbow Cider was usually on a offer at buy 1 pint get 1/2 pint free. Non-alcholic cocktails were £2.15. Only one of our party drank spirits so I can only quote that price but I believe it was the most expensive - JD & Coke at £4.05.

:eek: How much? Guess I won't be having too many G & T's then! May have to give the Strongbow a try over the weekend and see if I like it:D

Thanks for the info Steve, you've obviously enjoyed the Star enough to have booked again.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Sorry, should have pointed out that the measures are bigger....possibly double but don't quote me on that!

Yes, always enjoy myself on the Star...done it twice and already counting down to the Caribbean :-)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived