Need a hotel between Houston and Galveston! Can you help?

wework2play

I'm having a hard time finding a hotel along the hwy between houston and galveston. ( I45 south). I can't remember the names of the ones we stayed at before, and we weren't really impressed with them anyway. Any suggestions? We'll have 4 adults, and we'll probably all stay in one room- a suite if we find one. Looking for a reasonable rate, not too fancy, but not motel 6 either. (around 80 to 150 per night)

CC has always pulled through for me before so I thought I'd ask!

Hi Weworktoplay,

There is a Homewood Suites on Bay Area Blvd, right in the middle of Clear Lake, you'll be about 35 minutes or so to Galveston. There is also a Hampton Inn on Nasa Rd. by the Johnson Space Center and you will not be far from the Kemah Boardwald here. There is a Hampton Inn in Texas City and you will be even closer to Galveston there, only about 20-25 minutes. Not sure about their rates or when your are sailing but the rates will definitely go down after the summer season is over and hotels on the mainland are less than hotels on the island. Good luck!:)

I also vote for the Webster area, consider the Days Inn at the Webster/NASA Rd exit. It's about a 20-30 minute drive down to the island from there.

We stayed there this past January and are going to stay again later this month. We got a king room for about $60-65 then and $75 now. I say a room, but to me it was a mini suite. We had a small sitting area with a counter/kitchen that included a coffeepot, microwave and under-counter fridge. Also the sink/vanity counters wrapped around two sides of its area with two walls of mirrors, also a whirlpool tub in the bath.

It was a very nice and quiet motel, the staff made us feel very welcome and we were sent on our way with a rather decent continental breakfast. Our room was on the ground floor with an outside entrance so we were able to park right outside of our room. I believe a family runs this motel and live on site. I met two brothers who worked the front desk; they were so friendly and eager to please. They were always concerned that we were happy with our stay.

I'd taken these pictures as we were leaving in the morning, not as we'd arrived. Please excuse our mess. :o

King room

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/russjackieb/Days%20Inn/KingRoom.jpg

The vanity area

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u185/russjackieb/Days%20Inn/Vanity1.jpg

In Galveston, stay at the Harbor House. It's just next door practically.

I'm having a hard time finding a hotel along the hwy between houston and galveston. ( I45 south). I can't remember the names of the ones we stayed at before, and we weren't really impressed with them anyway. Any suggestions? We'll have 4 adults, and we'll probably all stay in one room- a suite if we find one. Looking for a reasonable rate, not too fancy, but not motel 6 either. (around 80 to 150 per night)

Last March, we stayed at the Drury Inn near Hobby and I45 - nice place, decent breakfast and reasonably priced at $99, but ask for a room towards the back. We were in a room up front and noticed the freeway noise during the night.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Webster. Probably the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed at, the hotel was really nice & clean, had hot breakfast in the AM that was ok, staff was super nice and when we checked in they took $20 off the rate that we had booked it at, so it was $89/night.

Archived