Dawn to Bermuda - Dining in port

ashea

I thought the Dawn had a program where you paid $5/pp for lunch and $10/pp for dinner and were given a $25 or $50 certificate that could be used at certain restaurants in Bermuda. Does anyone know more about this? I can't find it on the NCL website.

Hi Ashea - the program was discontinued this year and certainly wasn't available on our June 08 Dawn cruise. There were problems negotiating the contracts with the various restaurants (not sure on whose side the problems were) and as of now, it's unclear if/when they would reinstitute this program (if at all).

Dining ashore on Bermuda can be pricey but it makes perfect sense when you realize that everything must be flown in to the island.

Yes, the pp was right-the dining ashore program was discontinued. We just got back from the 8/3 sailing and did eat at The Frog and Onion Pub and Beethoven's in Dockyard, and also had the Swizzle burgers at the Swizzle Inn in Hamilton (we went to the Crystal Caves and the Swizzle Inn was a walkable distance down the road) throughout our three days in Bermuda. All the places were somewhat expensive (rightly so, as pp mentioned, everything is imported) but my husband and I wanted a "taste of Bermuda" and splurged. It's worth it, in my opinion, if you have the extra money to go.

Yes, the pp was right-the dining ashore program was discontinued. We just got back from the 8/3 sailing and did eat at The Frog and Onion Pub and Beethoven's in Dockyard, and also had the Swizzle burgers at the Swizzle Inn in Hamilton (we went to the Crystal Caves and the Swizzle Inn was a walkable distance down the road) throughout our three days in Bermuda. All the places were somewhat expensive (rightly so, as pp mentioned, everything is imported) but my husband and I wanted a "taste of Bermuda" and splurged. It's worth it, in my opinion, if you have the extra money to go.

Thanks for your comments and congrats on your honeymoon!:cool:

I thought the Dawn had a program where you paid $5/pp for lunch and $10/pp for dinner and were given a $25 or $50 certificate that could be used at certain restaurants in Bermuda. Does anyone know more about this? I can't find it on the NCL website.

As other posters have mentioned, this program is gone and doesn't seem to be coming back unfortunately. I attached an article, see the link below, that contains the following:

"Dr. Brown said Norwegian Cruise Line has committed to pay $150,000 a year to the Bermuda Music Festival and provide entertainers for Harbour Nights in Hamilton, produce an on-Island dining brochure distributed to all its cruise guests, and donate a total of $275,000 to the Bermuda Heritage Museum and St. George's Foundation."

http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/Article/article.jsp?sectionId=60&articleId=7d864b330030012

Enjoy your cruise! :)

The dining ashore program is gone but you can ask at guest relations for the "All-Ashore Dining Restaurant Guide."

Menus are listed for many restaurants and some do offer discounts and promotions.

Happy hours

Free drink with meal

Complete meal price for NCL guests

We got this in May on the Dawn and the 1st person I asked did not know what I was asking about. When she asked her co-worker the brochure was readily available.

Archived