HELP (AHHHHHHH)...I am so nervous (1st time cruising)

frozensmoke99

I have booked a 3 night on the Disney Wonder from 2/12 to 2/15 with an cat 11 inside stateroom on deck 6 (Rm 6328) to be exact. Can someone please tell me if the rooms are anything like the little layout on Disney's website (2 twin beds, lil couch, etc). also is this a good room (if anyone has had it or something like it)? I just put together my own package and this is what I got:

Just a bit curious on this homemade package I put together. Can someone help me out with whether my homemade package was a great deal or if I couldv'e saved cheaper please?

I always wanted to take myself and my 8 yo daughter on a Disney Cruise but always found it to be so expensive. So I did some searching and found it for 500 for both of us in a Inside Stateroom. I added my 78 yo grandmother which I was able to work a deal with the lady and got the whole package of 4 days/3 nights to Bahamas for $1326.00 w/ insurance. I already had a 4 day/3 night package that I booked with Westage Town Center (including tour and 2 park passes) that I paid $59 for. The representatives confirming all info couldn't believe the prices I paid. So I figured why not combine the two. I leave Boston to MCO to cruise on 2/12/09 to 2/15/09. When I embark back into Port Canaveral on 2/15/09, I will rent a car from there and drive to Westgate Town Center checking in on 2/15/09 to 2/18/09. The rental for 2/15 to 2/18 (port canaveral-MCO) came up to $155 (is that too much?).

I do have some questions as this is our 2nd cruise...I have never cruise before but we have one coming up on 9/18/08 to 9/22/08 from MIA to Bahamas...Balcony Room for 3 ($854.00)...did I pay too much for that also. Please someone help me?

I have booked a 3 night on the Disney Wonder from 2/12 to 2/15 with an cat 11 inside stateroom on deck 6 (Rm 6328) to be exact. Can someone please tell me if the rooms are anything like the little layout on Disney's website (2 twin beds, lil couch, etc). also is this a good room (if anyone has had it or something like it)? I just put together my own package and this is what I got:

Just a bit curious on this homemade package I put together. Can someone help me out with whether my homemade package was a great deal or if I couldv'e saved cheaper please?

I always wanted to take myself and my 8 yo daughter on a Disney Cruise but always found it to be so expensive. So I did some searching and found it for 500 for both of us in a Inside Stateroom. I added my 78 yo grandmother which I was able to work a deal with the lady and got the whole package of 4 days/3 nights to Bahamas for $1326.00 w/ insurance. I already had a 4 day/3 night package that I booked with Westage Town Center (including tour and 2 park passes) that I paid $59 for. The representatives confirming all info couldn't believe the prices I paid. So I figured why not combine the two. I leave Boston to MCO to cruise on 2/12/09 to 2/15/09. When I embark back into Port Canaveral on 2/15/09, I will rent a car from there and drive to Westgate Town Center checking in on 2/15/09 to 2/18/09. The rental for 2/15 to 2/18 (port canaveral-MCO) came up to $155 (is that too much?).

I do have some questions as this is our 2nd cruise...I have never cruise before but we have one coming up on 9/18/08 to 9/22/08 from MIA to Bahamas...Balcony Room for 3 ($854.00)...did I pay too much for that also. Please someone help me?

here is a site with room reports, check for your room or one close to it for reviews from people who have stayed in them

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm#

sorry I cant help with the prices. My husband always handles that part of the cruise.

rooms are nice. twin bed or queen, how ever you want it. also all couches make into a single bed and soem rooms have a small bunk that pulls down over the couch.

Who is your cruise with in September. From your post it appears it is not with Disney.

You will love Disney. I have been on Disney, RCI, NCL and Carnival. We love them all for different reasons.

Who is your cruise with in September. From your post it appears it is not with Disney.

I looked in her post history, the Sept cruise is NCL Sky.

So the $854 is for 3 people - total? I think that's a great price for any cruise...lol. ;)

To check your prices, do a mock booking on a site like Expedia. See if you could have gotten it for less. But it sounds like a good price to me.

OK, I just did a mock booking using your dates for Sky. Is there any reason you picked the 3 day over the 4 day? If you move your sailing to Sept 15th, you can do the 4 day for $626 TOTAL for 3 people for an OCEANVIEW. You can use the senior rate on that cabin. It would be even less if there are only 2 of you. The rates start at $199 per person for that date.

No I am not a TA...lol. But you can go to expedia and see for yourself. Then call NCL and get the sailing switched. A 4 day is always better than a 3 day. :D

You will love Disney. I have been on Disney, RCI, NCL and Carnival. We love them all for different reasons.

My cruise in Sept with NCL Sky. Have you sailed with them yet

OK, I just did a mock booking using your dates for Sky. Is there any reason you picked the 3 day over the 4 day? If you move your sailing to Sept 15th, you can do the 4 day for $626 TOTAL for 3 people for an OCEANVIEW. You can use the senior rate on that cabin. It would be even less if there are only 2 of you. The rates start at $199 per person for that date.

No I am not a TA...lol. But you can go to expedia and see for yourself. Then call NCL and get the sailing switched. A 4 day is always better than a 3 day. :D

No problem....LOL...the reason is b/c I really didn't want to pull my daughter out of school for the week (in Boston school begins 9/4, so doing a weekend trip missing that friday and Monday coming back isn't so bad. Where that she would have completed at least the whole week Mon-Thurs. and can take any work to do over on Friday over the weekend. Plusits still in the month school just started and I would rather a wknd than a whole week) if any and all of that made any sense. LOL, basically to sum it up...she will only be missing two days instead of 5 in the same month (2 weeks) after school started...less days missed is better.

y so nervous? it'll just be the greatest vacation of ur life. =) and $500 for the two of u is excellent. just pack light (or heavy...lol...it doesnt actually matter ;) just u wont use all the stuff i assure u ) and enjoyyyy. dont try to do everything but make sure u do some things. But when u step on the cruise, forget everything uve read and relaxxxx. =)

Archived