Oosterdam Pool Questions

pdxmomto2

We will be sailing on the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera over Christmas (departing San Diego on Dec 20, 2008). This is our first cruise.

My question is about the pools, especial the Lido pool. Do they heat the pools, and if so how warm are they? Also when do they close the roof over the lido pool. I'm thinking it might be a little chilly for outdoor swimming on embarkation day and possibly the first and last sea days? Will the pool be covered and warm enough for swimming?

We will be sailing on the Oosterdam to the Mexican Riviera over Christmas (departing San Diego on Dec 20, 2008). This is our first cruise.

My question is about the pools, especial the Lido pool. Do they heat the pools, and if so how warm are they? Also when do they close the roof over the lido pool. I'm thinking it might be a little chilly for outdoor swimming on embarkation day and possibly the first and last sea days? Will the pool be covered and warm enough for swimming?

Different place, different ship, but in Alaska on the Amsterdam in September the Lido pool was closed most of the time. It was opened on sunny days in Sitka and Ketchikan (+70°F). It wasn't heated but was fine for me to swim in, and I don't like cold water. Then again, I just did a quick dip after gym (and a shower!), typically.

The pool temps. are always 82 degrees. When we cruised AK (twice) the roof was open on nice, fairly warm days and it was very comfortable in the entire Lido area. I imagine that the roof would certainly be open the entire time when cruising the Carribean. Have a wonderful trip and give the divine Ms. O our best! She's our favorite and we love her!

Archived