Couples San Souci Ocho Rios

ccrain

We haven't been yet but we plan to go in Nov. Sure wish you were on the 11-8-08 Ruby so we could share a cab! I'll post a review when we return.

Couldn't swing the early Ruby cruises. I'm looking for fellow pax interested on the roll calls now. No takers yet.

Your review, especially any details on transport, security, safety and the beach conditions will be my deciding factor.

Have fun, be safe, enjoy!

My wife and I went on a day excursion to Couples Sans Souci in June. When you leave the ship, be careful because the post price is $60 to SS. However, I offered the drive $20 and off we went. The drive is only 15 or 20 minuites. At the resort they will ask for a copy of the cruise card and charge you $50 each. This covers all the meals and drinks. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. There is a large beach and a nude beach. Surprisingly there were just as many people at the nude beach as at the regular beach. The food was typical cruise ship buffet. The drinks were very disappointing. They were very weak and I must have drank 15 without any effect. The trip back was by taxi also but surprisingly this trip was only $15 for both of us. Have a great day but I suggest tipping the bar tender to get a good drink.

Just got off our ship on August 21st and we had planned to go to Sans Souci for the day when we were in port in Ocho Rios.... however, the resort had quoted us $50 pp per day which was fine, and said it would be $7 pp each way on the cab, which was also fine.... but when we got an "official" cab, we were quoted $20 pp each way for cab fare which seemed too high. Instead we opted to have our driver take us to Dunn's River Falls for awhile and then on to Sunset Jamaica Grande and both were fabulous, and then to pick up a few souvenirs, which was $56 total for the day plus a nice tip! Our driver was Horace and he was a great guide and a straight up good person and Christian - and I have his phone # if anyone would like it for a tour in town or just ask the police officers at the gate, he is very well respected and well known. I will post a separate review soon with pictures and all the details - however, I will say for those of who might be sailing in a day or two - we loved Sunset Jamaica Grande - the service was incredible, resort and beaches were awesome, drinks were very strong, food was good - we loved it! (of course the falls were beautiful too - butg we found taking a few pictures of the falls and beach below was enough for us).

Just got off our ship on August 21st and we had planned to go to Sans Souci for the day when we were in port in Ocho Rios.... however, the resort had quoted us $50 pp per day which was fine, and said it would be $7 pp each way on the cab, which was also fine.... but when we got an "official" cab, we were quoted $20 pp each way for cab fare which seemed too high. Instead we opted to have our driver take us to Dunn's River Falls for awhile and then on to Sunset Jamaica Grande and both were fabulous, and then to pick up a few souvenirs, which was $56 total for the day plus a nice tip! Our driver was Horace and he was a great guide and a straight up good person and Christian - and I have his phone # if anyone would like it for a tour in town or just ask the police officers at the gate, he is very well respected and well known. I will post a separate review soon with pictures and all the details - however, I will say for those of who might be sailing in a day or two - we loved Sunset Jamaica Grande - the service was incredible, resort and beaches were awesome, drinks were very strong, food was good - we loved it! (of course the falls were beautiful too - butg we found taking a few pictures of the falls and beach below was enough for us).

Sounds good. Please post a link to your review.

• 2 months later...

We just got back from Couples SS. At the port the quoted taxi fare is 20PP which is round trip. There were four of us so it would have been 80$. We told them we wanted one way 20$ for all four of us. They said imposible so we told them we would just go out of the port and get a cab. Of course they said OK. We also had to insist on one way because we didn't want to wait for them to get us and we didn't know when we wanted to return to the ship. The return from Couples is only 15$. There are taxis waiting at the resort so no waiting to call one. It was 50$ PP for the day and we were early enough for breakfast. The grounds are beautiful. The resort is on a hill that slopes down to the water so there are stairs to climb. There is a snorkle boat that goes out at 9:30, 11 and 3. They have catamarins, kayaks and water bicycles. We thought the food was good but there was not a great variety. It was a great day and we would difinatly go back the next time we are in Ocho Rios.

We just got back from Couples SS. At the port the quoted taxi fare is 20PP which is round trip. There were four of us so it would have been 80$. We told them we wanted one way 20$ for all four of us. They said imposible so we told them we would just go out of the port and get a cab. Of course they said OK. We also had to insist on one way because we didn't want to wait for them to get us and we didn't know when we wanted to return to the ship. The return from Couples is only 15$. There are taxis waiting at the resort so no waiting to call one. It was 50$ PP for the day and we were early enough for breakfast. The grounds are beautiful. The resort is on a hill that slopes down to the water so there are stairs to climb. There is a snorkle boat that goes out at 9:30, 11 and 3. They have catamarins, kayaks and water bicycles. We thought the food was good but there was not a great variety. It was a great day and we would difinatly go back the next time we are in Ocho Rios.

_____

Thanks so much for this detailed trip report. You included all the details that we would need. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Archived