Ecstasy in Progresso Today?

daljettjockie

Cruisecal shows the Ecstasy in Progresso today instead of its normally scheduled port of Cozumel. Does anyone know why Carnival switched ports?

BTW, this is actually not my first post. I have been on Cruise Critic for a long time, posting under my wife's username. She has been a member since 02. Thought it was time to get my own username.

My first cruise was at the age of 16 aboard the NCL Sunward II. My wife and I are Carnival VIP, Stock holders, and love Carnival Cruise Lines. Next cruise in October on the msFantasy. :)

Cruisecal shows the Ecstasy in Progresso today instead of its normally scheduled port of Cozumel. Does anyone know why Carnival switched ports?

I am curious also as she was scheduled for Cozumel. There also was a RCI ship in Cozumel today at the International Pier that was not shown on the schedule. The docking schedule by the Cozumel Harbor Master showed the Fantasy going to the Puerta Maya pier and the Ecstasy at the Punta Langosta today.

My friend in Cozumel said the Fantasy did not go to the Puerta Maya pier. And there was only one Carnival ship at the Punta Langosta.

Dave

We are due to leave on the Ecstasy out of Galveston Monday. I am supposing this is the 4 night itenary that only has one stop in Cozumel, and stopped in Progreso instead?

That would be correct, the Ecstasy is on its four day run with Cozumel as the only port.

Dave

My wife is on this cruise and she called last Thursday before they left Galveston to report they would be going to Progresso instead of Cozumel because it is closer. They were told the ship was experiencing propulsion problems.

Archived