what perks will we get in a family suite on Splendour?

margbem

Thanks! What happens in the Concierge Lounge?

They offer continental breakfast in the mornings from 7-10AM. In the evenings there is cocktail hour from 5-8:30 where you can get a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks plus a nice selection of finger foods.........and at this time it is for adults only.

The CL on Splendour is on Deck 7. They converted the Card Room and it is a wonderful and huge lounge. The only problem is that there is no specialty coffee machine............which is a big attraction in other CLs on Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships.

We had the pleasure of doing a b2b on Splendour in March and April of this year and got to enjoy the CL for 29 days.

Thanks Cruisenfever - I have often read your posts and responses to questions so know that you are very knowledgeable!! We are in family suite 8032 with my husband's parents and hope that we haven't made a mistake changing our cabins! We were in 2 D1 cabins but hope that the perks you get with the suite are worth us all being in the same cabin (we all get on very well, luckily!)

I have read on CC that there can be noise in the suites from chairs being dragged about above you. Have you experienced this?

What can you tell me about the perks of being in the family suite? My in-laws have never cruised before and we have only done 1 with HAL to Alaska. We really want this holiday to be special for them as they have done so much for us over the years!

Hope you can tell me lots of things to look forward to!!:)

Thanks Cruisenfever - I have often read your posts and responses to questions so know that you are very knowledgeable!! We are in family suite 8032 with my husband's parents and hope that we haven't made a mistake changing our cabins! We were in 2 D1 cabins but hope that the perks you get with the suite are worth us all being in the same cabin (we all get on very well, luckily!)

I have read on CC that there can be noise in the suites from chairs being dragged about above you. Have you experienced this?

What can you tell me about the perks of being in the family suite? My in-laws have never cruised before and we have only done 1 with HAL to Alaska. We really want this holiday to be special for them as they have done so much for us over the years!

Hope you can tell me lots of things to look forward to!!:)

You are too kind.:)

We were in GS 8514 with is forward.............since the RFS is mid-ship and very close to the elevators......that is a plus in itself. Being mid-ship you should feel very little motion and you should not really experience that much noise from above. You can walk forward from your cabin and take the elevator/stairs up to the Windjammer on Deck 9.

I think that your inlaws will be very spoiled after this cruise.

Here are some of the suite amenities................

Duvet cover

Vitality bathroom amenities

Suite Attendant Service

Terry Robes for use onboard

Complimentary slippers

Ensuite Coffee/Tea Service

Pillow Menu

Binoculars *for Asia, Alaska, South America and Europe itineraries

Priority check-in

Priority salon appointments

Priority Tender Tickets

Concierge Package with Key Voyager, Freedom and Radiance and some Vision class ships (Splendour being one and located on Deck 7 in the Card Room)

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions

Priority Shore Excursions

Expedited Departure

Cheese Plate with Crackers prior to dinner.

On the first formal night Plate of Petit Fours at turndown.

Personal Attention from the Hotel Director as well as Guest Relations Manager

Jim and Patti are right on with their answers. The addtional thing between a couple of D1's and the RFS is that you get a living room, 2 bedrooms, each with it's own bath. 526 square feet is a nice size vs 2 rooms at 193 square feet each.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Rick

Patti - what drinks and nibbles are served in the Concierge Lounge in the evenings?

As far as drinks go, it would be your basic mixed drinks......soft drinks........beer...........wine.........champagne. Some Concierges are more generous than others and might have more of a top shelf variety of alcohol than say middle.

As far as what there is to eat...............appetizers...........warm as well as cold.............and some sweets like chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours. :D Right now, off the top of my head..........I can't remember what we had back on Splendour...........but there was a lot of it! :p It really varies by ship.

Since you are in the RFS you should be getting an email from the Concierge prior to boarding. If not............email SP_concierge@rccl.com if you have any questions or concerns.

We were in GS 8514 with is forward.............since the RFS is mid-ship and very close to the elevators......that is a plus in itself. Being mid-ship you should feel very little motion and you should not really experience that much noise from above. You can walk forward from your cabin and take the elevator/stairs up to the Windjammer on Deck 9.

Duvet cover

Suite Attendant Service

Complimentary slippers

Pillow Menu

Priority check-in

Priority Tender Tickets

Concierge Package with Key Voyager, Freedom and Radiance and some Vision class ships (Splendour being one and located on Deck 7 in the Card Room)

Expedited Departure

When we cruised on the Radiance of the Seas in a family suite, we didn't get many of these extras that you listed. We did get the expedited departure and special desk at embarkation, and the free cocktail hour in the concierge lounge, but that was all. We were aft and the cabin did have two bedrooms (one with berths and bunks and the "master" didn't even have any windows but it had a nice bathroom and closet. The living room was nice and the second bathroom was like a regular one--nothing fancy. It was nice that all 6 of us could be in the same cabin and have some privacy. Otherwise, no big deal like I thought it would be.

Duvet cover

Suite Attendant Service

Complimentary slippers

Pillow Menu

Priority check-in

Priority Tender Tickets

Expedited Departure

When we cruised on the Radiance of the Seas in a family suite, we didn't get many of these extras that you listed. We did get the expedited departure and special desk at embarkation, and the free cocktail hour in the concierge lounge, but that was all. We were aft and the cabin did have two bedrooms (one with berths and bunks and the "master" didn't even have any windows but it had a nice bathroom and closet. The living room was nice and the second bathroom was like a regular one--nothing fancy. It was nice that all 6 of us could be in the same cabin and have some privacy. Otherwise, no big deal like I thought it would be.

Just out of curiosity.............what off my list did you not receive and when did you sail on Radiance? A lot of these amenities have been newly added to the benefits of staying in a suite.

Just out of curiosity.............what off my list did you not receive and when did you sail on Radiance? A lot of these amenities have been newly added to the benefits of staying in a suite.

Our trip was 2 years ago two weeks after the Star Princess had the big fire. The Radiance was a last-minute booking for us and the family suite was the only cabin big enough for our group of 6. There wasn't even a refrigerator in the cabin. I had to ask for a medical fridge which still didn't keep anything cold.

We did not receive:

Duvet cover

Suite Attendant Service

Complimentary slippers

Pillow Menu

Priority Tender Tickets

We did receive:

Priority check-in

Expedited Departure

Free cocktail hour before dinner in the evenings.

Archived