Planning My First Cruise - Need Suggestions, Tips & Advice

dtownjbrown

Im in Cincy (not a mister though :o )

OOPS, My bad.. My sincerest apologies on the gender screwup..

I have family in the Fremont area and my ex is from the Dayton area...

Did you get the chance to check out the cabin selection link I posted up??

Dtownjbrown...

Being you are a "newbie" I would like to extend an invitation to you...

I am a member of a rather "weird" family of cruisers and would like to invite you to come on over to our thread.. (I say weird just because there is no other way to explain it, really.) On the serious side, we are a bunch of cruisers, some with many, many cruises under there belt and others with no or just a few.. The thread started 3 years ago as more or less a joke and has blossomed from there.. Some of us have actually cruised together as well as have met F2F.. (Face to face on dry land)

We have our own ship.. (Virtual of course) as well as positions on said ship.. The founder is from and is in Germany, we have folks from Germany, England, Canada as well as the States.... You could say we are world wide.. The only requirement to join our little nut house is that you "Get it" (This will make sense once you stop on over and read a few hundred pages:D )

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211885

The thread is over in the Float away lounge and is called...

Ten reason to stop cruising with RCCL/MOS (merged)

(We are usually on page one in float away) I have included the link for the first post and you can read from there...

No you do not have to read all 56, 601 (Currently) posts however it is advisable to read the first 200 or so to get the feel and then maybe the last 200 or so to get caught up.. It is strongly advised that you do NOT eat or drink whilst reading or have good computer insurance and a good supply of paper towels for clean up..

We as a family have lived through births, deaths, weddings and much more..

Oh yeah, I guess I should offer this up so the moderators don't send me to the "naughty" room.. We also do talk about cruising, there is no question that you would not get an honest answer to.. We do not play favorites, we just have a very good time...

So come on over and sit a spell... You might just find a new home...

OOPS, My bad.. My sincerest apologies on the gender screwup..

I have family in the Fremont area and my ex is from the Dayton area...

Did you get the chance to check out the cabin selection link I posted up??

Yes I did, thank you. I even posted a question there :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did it!!! I booked my first cruise (yippee!!!) For right now, Im booked on The Sensation on 12/14/08 heading to the Bahamas for four days.

I say "for right now" because I was pleasantly surprised when my Carnival Personal Vacation Planner informed me an Ohio Resident Discount that's currently available that saved us over $150 total. I got online tonight so that I cound do more internet searches to find a longer trip or a better room before the discount "goes away".....but thought I'd stop by here first to share the news :-)

Archived