I need to lose 90lbs...but want to lose 40lb by...

lonegirl

Jan 18th.

I gained like 100lb :o while I was pregnant back in 2006...now I still need to lose at least 90lbs. I have dropped 10 the past 2 1/2 weeks (mostly water and waste at this point). Well I have a cruise on Vision of the Seas with hubby, son, and hubby's family.

REalistically I know I can lose 40lbs by then I just need some frequent reminders/support to keep me going :) Back in 99/00 I lost 100lbs and kept is mostly off until I was pregnant. Now that I am nearing 36 I find it more of a struggle (that and the fact that I can't spend 2hours a day at the gym)

I am following the Body For Life plan that helped me in the past. Anyone else want to track our success and struggles??

Hi and welcome!

There are tons of threads around here about weight loss and everyone is super supportive!!! We are all doing different programs, but it really helps to talk with others, so you will get lots of support here!

It sounds like you are well on your way!

I am doing WW and joined on 1/5/08. So far I have lost 59 pounds, but I still have a very long way to go!

Please keep us posted on your success!!!

lonegirl....Please feel free to join up with us on the "need a buddy" thread. The "membership" goes up and down as various people go on their cruises or disappear for their own reasons. There are some nice people there and we're always working to encourage each other, share ideas, give advice, etc. I started on June 3rd. The thread was begun by someone else. Now there are a handful of us and the original poster is gone. Those left...moonpie....mommy4lyfe....mycruz....me...growler....scott...and a couple of others. You're welcome to come on over if you don't find enough to join you on this thread. I think people get busy in the summer and don't post quite as often.

tlovedis....I watch your posts regularly. WW is great, in my opinion. My favorite thing about WW is that they don't block out entire food groups. Fruit isn't considered a "bad" food. My friend was on a plan that put carrots in the dog-house, so to speak. I had to laugh and told her that I didn't get fat eating too many carrots. I got fat eating french fries, fast food, chocolate, cake, potato chips...but not by eating carrots or watermelon.:D I know that your loss has slowed down some for now. I went through a long plateau myself, recently...just up a pound, down a pound, etc. I was excited to see that even with the slowdown, you are now at 59 lbs. off! The last time I checked, you were at 55. You are doing AWESOMELY FANTASTIC! C2-2.jpg So I sent you some flowers. :) One more to 60!!!! Wow!!!!

lonegirl....Please feel free to join up with us on the "need a buddy" thread. The "membership" goes up and down as various people go on their cruises or disappear for their own reasons. There are some nice people there and we're always working to encourage each other, share ideas, give advice, etc. I started on June 3rd. The thread was begun by someone else. Now there are a handful of us and the original poster is gone. Those left...moonpie....mommy4lyfe....mycruz....me...growler....scott...and a couple of others. You're welcome to come on over if you don't find enough to join you on this thread. I think people get busy in the summer and don't post quite as often.

tlovedis....I watch your posts regularly. WW is great, in my opinion. My favorite thing about WW is that they don't block out entire food groups. Fruit isn't considered a "bad" food. My friend was on a plan that put carrots in the dog-house, so to speak. I had to laugh and told her that I didn't get fat eating too many carrots. I got fat eating french fries, fast food, chocolate, cake, potato chips...but not by eating carrots or watermelon.:D I know that your loss has slowed down some for now. I went through a long plateau myself, recently...just up a pound, down a pound, etc. I was excited to see that even with the slowdown, you are now at 59 lbs. off! The last time I checked, you were at 55. You are doing AWESOMELY FANTASTIC! C2-2.jpg So I sent you some flowers. :) One more to 60!!!! Wow!!!!

THANK YOU! You are so sweet!!! This plateau has been hard, but Saturday I lost 2.2 (had gained 2 the week before) so I am hoping this is the start of heading back down!!!

Archived