Limited sale of shor tours carnival site?

Cruisin' Ron VA

I am 21 days out from Carnival Legend.

I am trying to book my excursions online today and only two of the 4 ports are available for booking tours.

Are there a limited amount of tours that can be booked online and once those are sold to other passengers the rest have to be done on ship?

I don't recall having this trouble before.

Maybe Carnivals site is acting dumb again?

For those sailing with me are you having this trouble?

We're on this sailing with you (why don't you join our roll call?) but we booked independant tours so I haven't run into that problem ;)

Howdy.

Thanks for the reply.

I think now that its Carnivals site as now none are available.

I wish Carnival would hire someone who can keep their site running decent. :mad:

I may look into some independent tours. Carnivals tours are a bit pricey lately. I noticed that back in Feb. too.

We're on the Legend on October 5th and are having the same issue on the website. I know that on our sailing the order of Cozumel and Roatan was swapped and those are the ones that are missing from the website so it might be because of the swap.

One of these days I'll get around to calling them about that.

We're on the Legend on October 5th and are having the same issue on the website. I know that on our sailing the order of Cozumel and Roatan was swapped and those are the ones that are missing from the website so it might be because of the swap.

One of these days I'll get around to calling them about that.

Those are the same exact ones that are missing!

Only Cayman and Belize are showing up.

Hmmm.

Wonder if they are swapping us too?

Carnival's shore tours open 8 months before the sailing and close 3 days prior to the sail date (it's in the FAQ on the website). They direct guests (and travel agents) to use the site after making their deposit (or payment inside that cut-off). So what you're seeing is the other 2000+ passengers have been booking their excursions for about 7 months prior to you. First come - first serve. >shrug<

Carnival's shore tours open 8 months before the sailing and close 3 days prior to the sail date (it's in the FAQ on the website). They direct guests (and travel agents) to use the site after making their deposit (or payment inside that cut-off). So what you're seeing is the other 2000+ passengers have been booking their excursions for about 7 months prior to you. First come - first serve. >shrug<

8 months would be 240+ days. The Carnival FAQ says 120 days

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Shore_Excursions_FAQs/shore_ex_faq_WhenCanIBook.aspx

A bit of fuzzy math there but I will over look that.

I don't think all of those tours have sold out online since Friday when I last looked.

I think there is a glitch and will keep looking.

My cruise is in Sept. and I encountered the same problems. I contacted carnival and this is their response:

"We are in the process of making the itinerary adjustment in the master RES System and also verifying allocations with the individual Tour Operators for the new dates. We should have all new allocations in place by this coming week."

This E-mail was dated on 8/14. So maybe this week things will be all set to book excursions online.

My cruise is in Sept. and I encountered the same problems. I contacted carnival and this is their response:

"We are in the process of making the itinerary adjustment in the master RES System and also verifying allocations with the individual Tour Operators for the new dates. We should have all new allocations in place by this coming week."

This E-mail was dated on 8/14. So maybe this week things will be all set to book excursions online.

Thanks for the update.

I figured it was something along those lines. I have never seen ALL of the tours sold out for any particular port before we even board.

I will keep checking.

Thanks again.

We are experiencing the same problem. 69 days out and only 2 ports of 5 posted. ( the 2 ports we have private excursions) I called on Friday and was told that 2 of the 3 missing will be posted in a couple of weeks and La Romana DR will NOT be listed for our sailing. Tours will be offered on board only for La Romana.

Glad to read were not the only Roll Call experiencing a lack of excursions.

Archived