Packing for a Feb cruise...

callahanjulie10

We have cruised in April, July, Sept, & Oct but never February. We have a cruise planned with a large group who will be sailing the 5 day Fascination from J'Ville to Nassau and Key West. How would you pack different for this one? I have looked at the average temps and I think it would be too much cool wind to sit on the deck on sea days in a bathing suit. I am from Florida and am cold natured anyway. I always bring sweaters for dining rooms, etc but I am talking daily wear around the ship and port days.

We've taken 3 cruises in January and have always been in bathing suits and laying out on deck on the first day. Mind you we live in Ohio so last time we left home it was -5 degrees here and 70-something in FL when we got there.

Our first stop was Nassau and it was 80 something there and we went snorkeling. I thought the water was a little cool but I'm a big baby when it comes to swimming and was the only one on our excursion who thought that.

I wear sweatpants to the airport and a hoody and use those throughout the week if the nights get cool but other than that.....tank tops, shorts and flip flops are all we pack!

Joyful

We have cruised in April, July, Sept, & Oct but never February. We have a cruise planned with a large group who will be sailing the 5 day Fascination from J'Ville to Nassau and Key West. How would you pack different for this one? I have looked at the average temps and I think it would be too much cool wind to sit on the deck on sea days in a bathing suit.

Julie, We have cruised twice in Feb, once from Tampa and the last time from Miami. Neither trip was bad. No cold weather, however, you know how it could be 80 one day and 40 the next here in Florida, especially up in Jax. I would definately take a wind breaker and some sweaters and sweat shirts. Take the bathing suit too. The week before you cruise start watching the weather real close. You'll get a good idea then as to what temp to expect. Don't forget to look at the 5 day forcast the morning you leave. It might be cold in Jax when you disembark. Have a great time...

We have cruised in April, July, Sept, & Oct but never February. We have a cruise planned with a large group who will be sailing the 5 day Fascination from J'Ville to Nassau and Key West. How would you pack different for this one? I have looked at the average temps and I think it would be too much cool wind to sit on the deck on sea days in a bathing suit. I am from Florida and am cold natured anyway. I always bring sweaters for dining rooms, etc but I am talking daily wear around the ship and port days.

Your going to freeze. I used to be from the North and I sailed in January and it was fine.Now I have been in FL a few years now and even April is a tad too cold for me.

Steve

Nassau will probably be around 80 degrees outside, but the water, pool or ocean will be cold. (I had to try it in late January on our trip)

Plenty warm to lay out poolside, but probably too chilly to swim unless you are a polar bear club type person.

On the ship, it is the same, but the breeze while sailing makes it a bit chilly to lay out for extended periods.

Definitely bring a nice all purpose sweatshirt/sweater to throw on at a moments notice.

Bill

I did that cruise on the Celebration last year. When I left NJ, it was 30 degrees out and they were expecting an ice storm. When I got to J'ville I was dying in a heavy hoody and jeans. By the time I got on the **** it was short sleeves and capris. The pool was cold (really cold), but the air temp was gorgeous. By the time you come out of dinner on the first night you know you are in the Caribbean.

Maybe it's because I'm from Iowa, but when I sailed in January, it was plenty warm in Tampa and in the Carribbean and I thought the water was definitely warm enough to swim. We did hit a cold snap in the gulf on the way back so the last sea day was chilly and rocky. I'm bringing workout pants and a sweatshirt just in case, but hopefully I'll just need that for the plane and the frigid temps here when I leave!

We live in NC and usually drive to the port taking our time. Usually two days. I pack for the cruise in suitcases, and hang warm clothes in our car to wear down and then back home. We spend one night halfway down and one night prior to cruising. We are retired and can afford not to hurry. The Caribbean is great in Feb. Our favorite time to go. You'll love it. Happy Cruising! :cool:

Luv's Crusin'

We live in NC and usually drive to the port taking our time. Usually two days. I pack for the cruise in suitcases and hang warm clothes in our car to wear down and then back home. We spend one night halfway down and one night prior to cruising. We are retired and can afford not to hurry. The Caribbean is great in Feb. You'll love it. Happy Cruising! :cool:

Luv's Crusin'

You are talking about the Caribbean right? We have only cruised in Jan. & Feb. The weather is awesome....hardly ever rains. It may be a little chilly leaving Fla. on the ship but by the time you get out to sea a few hours it is warm. There are never any chilly days after that & you will be able to be at the pool in swimsuits the whole time. The only thing I bring that has sleeves is a lightweight jacket to wear onto the ship but usually it comes right back off.

HAPPY SAILING

Archived