Waters in October out of NY

Yankee123

Hello All,

We just booked our cruise to Bermuda for October 2009 on NCL Dawn and had a couple of questions. I know we will get some review from people when they return this October.

I realize that this is early and I will find out soon, but out of curiosity -

How are the waters leaving New York for Bermuda?

Is it a bumpy ride?

When is Hurricane season in Bermuda (although that shouldn't stop me)?

Is October a good time to cruise to Bermuda because of weather and water?

Thank you in advance

Quite possibly my favorite month of the year in Bermuda (though any month in Bermuda is a good one!). Days are warm, but not overwhelmingly hot, nights are cool. Water is warm. Not crowded.

Technically speaking, I believe hurricane season is throughout the Atlantic from May till November.A while back someone posted alink or an article that laid out how many hurricanes had actually hit Bermuda in the past 50 years and it was not that many, thankfully!!

Enjoy!!

When leaving from ports in the northeast there is always a chance for rough weather. I have been on cruises that were really rough and then others when the water is calm.

Hurricane season ends November 30th, while hurricanes can still occur the later it gets in the season it usually slackens off.

Thank you for the positive responses. We are more excited about going now. We've read great reviews of NCL Dawn and Bermuda, so I am assuming the combination of the two should make it a wonderful trip. Regardless, we will be on vacation, which beats a day at work. :D:D:D

Archived