Hunger Pains?

I am new to cruising ... DW talked me into a Southern Caribbean cruise and we are booked out of San Juan on 9/21 with the AOS. I find myself really looking forward to a new experience.

Now, to the point. Have you ever gone to bed hungry on an RCL cruise?

I know cruises used to be legendary for their food offerings. I gather from the forums I've browsed that it's trailed off a bit due to costs. Has the quality and quantity of food (and the available of varied off-hour menus) always been enough to satisfy your craving for (a donut, some pizza, an ice cream cone, ...)?

Regards,

blaster (aka Larry)

HA! No, you will not go hungry. Even if you go back to your room late when everything is closed, there is still 24 hour room service. And I believe Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours as well. You will never go hungry.

No you will definately not go hungry - in fact, don't forget to pack the expanding waist pants for the last few days;) Make sure to try lunch in the dining room on one of the days....they offer some great food with a bit more ambiance than the windjammer:)

With 8 cruises behind us and the 9th on 09/01.... we have never gone to bed hungry.

I see you are going on the AOS. There is a promenade that runs down the center of the ship with bars, a cafe, shops, etc. At the cafe promenade, you get obtain either pastry, sandwich, pizza, coffee late into the night.

Oh, don't forget the 24 hour room service which is included. Just dont forget to give the rooms service delivery person a couple of dollar tip.

If you go to bed hungry, it's your own fault. There is enough food available to feed a small nation! First timers tend to really "overindulge" since everything is just there for the taking. After a couple cruises (and some additional pounds) you will realize that you don't have to eat your weight every day!

LOL, no never gone to bed hungary We were on AOS a few years back and it is a great ship. Click on the link in my signature and you can see lots of pictures on Webshots. The cafe promenade is a good place to get a late night snack. I did find the food selections late at night on Enchantment lacking on the cruise I just came back from, but I never went hungary. I was usually stuffed from dinner. Only one night I was looking for a cookie or something small late at night on Enchantment and could not find much that appealled to me. As others have mentioned there is 24 hour room service. There is also a large midnight buffet one night. There are pictures on Webshots. You will likely come off heavier than you went on. I know I always do.:o

you may leave your table stuffed. Or on the other had you may choose to stop at one of the many places that offer late night snacks. But the best way to not go to bed stuffed is be involved in late night activities. Dancing, Kareoke and other games or sing along. Make the most of your time aboard ship, don't worry about the food you are eating. I just came off a 17 day cruise where I had 2 deserts every night and all I put on were a couple of pounds. I found climbing the stairs instead of using the elevators was the best exercise on board ship. Try it. Good Sailing, Murf

Hi there,

We took the AOS for the Southern Caribbean itinerary in early July. It is true the food was not the same over the top it used to be.. BUT! If you enjoy your dinner... which you should or keep ordering something until you do... then the promenade cookies, or room service will definitely do it. We did miss having the buffet open 24 hours as is was on Princess, but we were NEVER hungry. If you are worried you can always bring something back to your cabin at lunch or snack time from the buffet!! ENJOY

Sue :D

I am new to cruising ... DW talked me into a Southern Caribbean cruise and we are booked out of San Juan on 9/21 with the AOS. I find myself really looking forward to a new experience.

Now, to the point. Have you ever gone to bed hungry on an RCL cruise?

I know cruises used to be legendary for their food offerings. I gather from the forums I've browsed that it's trailed off a bit due to costs. Has the quality and quantity of food (and the available of varied off-hour menus) always been enough to satisfy your craving for (a donut, some pizza, an ice cream cone, ...)?

Regards,

blaster (aka Larry)

Hey your on the same cruise as us, you will love it. Come on over to the roll call and join the group. We have some fun things planned , a poker run as well as a scavenger hunt, and no you won't go hungry 24 hour room service will make sure you have something to eat.

Archived