Just off Enchantment-08/14

Macwoman

Just wanted to let people know about some hotel info while we were in Fort lauderdale recently pre and post cruise off the Enchantment of the Seas. We arrived 2 days ahead of time and rented a car from Enterprise. It was a piece of cake and no problems getting car and leaving terminal. We stayed 2 nights at the Marriot Renaissance Hotel in Boca Raton, right by a mall!!!. We payed about a 120.oo per night and it was well worth it. The area was great, they had a great pool and the 4 of us stayed in the 1 room with no problem.

The Same returning the car and getting to the port. Enterprise has no shuttle, so we grabbed a taxi and it was about 15.00 to the pier from the airport.

On our Return we splurged and stayed 1 night at Lago Mar on the beach. WOW!! The lobby is unbelievable. I kept waiting for Rock Hudson or Gene Kelly to walk out. The hotel is very old Florida. We had an Executive 1 bedroom suite. It was very nice. We had a little fridge and microwave. We found a grocery store and just bought groceries back to our room to eat. The fridge worked out great. The pools are awesome and the crowds were not bad. They were sold out on Friday and we could not do a late check-out. We had to leave by 11:30. Our flight was later in the evening.........that's another story as it ended up being cancelled...........They have a gym too that is no charge. My husband used it and said it was not too bad. Would love to stay again when it is just my hubby and me!!!

Any questions feel free to ask!!!

Macwoman

The Same returning the car and getting to the port. Enterprise has no shuttle, so we grabbed a taxi and it was about 15.00 to the pier from the airport.

I'm very glad DH and I will have an extra day in Ft lauderdale this trip. We usually get in the day before and really not enough time to unwind before the cruise.

I'm curious about your statement though. Isn't Enterprise in the area with all the other car rental agencies? If so, why couldn't you take the shuttle to the port, it is a shared shuttle.

Archived