Shore Snorkeling or Moby Dick's

cwnhokie

We are thinking about doing the Sting Ray City tour with Moby Dicks, but I'm not sure how excited I am about swimming with Sting Rays or any creatures for that matter. But it looks like something that I would like to talk myself into. Would we be better off trying some shore snorkeling? I'm not a bad swimmer, but not a good one either. We went snorkeling on our honeymoon 12 years ago in St. Coix and saw nothing. Are there shore snorkeling spots to see some things that are not far out or difficult to swim to? How about snorkling from the boat with Moby Dick's, is it difficult? Maybe I should just stay on the cruise ship?

If you really want to SEE something while snorkeling, take a snorkel tour. Just going from a sandy beach isnt going to give you much to look at. You need coral, reef or something for the fish to be around. Many of the private companies offer snorkeling combo tours (like stingrays and another snorkel stop, stingrays and Rum Point, etc), they'll also provide snorkeling vests to keep you afloat. That'd be my suggestion unless you just want to swim around in the shallow waters of a beach.

Definitely get off the ship... "get out there"!

Archived