Help, Maui (Lahanai) snorkel tours/tender in

1gail1

Please can anyone tell me how long does it take to tender in to Lahanai? We are on the Princess arrival at 7:00 and would like to take a snorkel tour perferably to Lanai but most that I have found leave by 8:00 out of Lahanai Bay but I don't think we would make it. Has anyone tendered in how long did it take? Any suggestions on which tour company to go with that we would make the boat? we will be there in Nov.

Please can anyone tell me how long does it take to tender in to Lahanai? We are on the Princess arrival at 7:00 and would like to take a snorkel tour perferably to Lanai but most that I have found leave by 8:00 out of Lahanai Bay but I don't think we would make it. Has anyone tendered in how long did it take? Any suggestions on which tour company to go with that we would make the boat? we will be there in Nov.

The tender pier in Lahaina (not meant to be snotty, but it will be hard to search for info without the correct spelling) is at the Lahaina harbor, which is where the snorkel excursions to Lanai depart. The Lahaina harbor is pretty small, so even if the excursion boat you choose is at the far south end (the tender pier is at the far north end), you're looking at less than 10 minutes walk. Just ask them which slip so you can look at a harbor map and get there quickly. Let them know you're coming off the ship. Most won't wait for late arrivals, but it never hurts to give them a heads up.

I honestly can't answer whether you'll make it, but my best guess is that you probably would. If the ship starts tendering pax at 7 am and if you can get one of the first tenders, then you should be fine. I think the tender ride is no more than 15 minutes (probably less, but it depends on if there are multiple ships in port; the one furthest from the pier will have a longer ride). There is one Lanai excursion that leaves from Ka'anapali (up the coast a smidge; no way you'd make an 8 am departure). Any departure earlier than 8 am is pretty much a no go due to timing.

beachchick

Thank You Beachchick, I was hoping you would answer this. I have read alot of your comments and your seem very knowlegdeable about Hawaii, I believe we arrive at 7 so we probably will not start tendering until 8, I've been trying to find a tour that leaves around 9 but most leave pretty early I may need to change my plans. Thanks for the correction in spelling it will help in my search.

Gail

The excursion operators I've dealt with are great at knowing what time passengers on the ships will be arriving. When I've booked I always let them know which ship I'm on & what time we're scheduled and they've always been good at letting me know if I'll make it.

BUT-to be on the safe side, you might want to check their refund policies in advance ;)

Archived