QM2 Questions

jell

We will be on the QM2 in May. I believe stateroom 8110 is across from the laundrette. Is there any noise from there to be concerned about, is there a cost for using the machines, and is detergent supplied? Can liqour be purchased from the duty free shop and brought back to the room? Is the electricity 110 or 220, or both? Lastly, is there a charge for using a computer from the data port in your own room?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

We will be on the QM2 in May. I believe stateroom 8110 is across from the laundrette. Is there any noise from there to be concerned about, is there a cost for using the machines, and is detergent supplied? Can liqour be purchased from the duty free shop and brought back to the room? Is the electricity 110 or 220, or both? Lastly, is there a charge for using a computer from the data port in your own room? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi.

I had a cabin one room away from a laundrette last year, I heard no noise from it what ever.

(In fact, being so close means it's very useful (you can see if a ironing board is free or if the tumble dryer is finished yet). Of course most of the time the laundrette is open you'll be out of your cabin enjoying the ship).

There is no charge to use the machines.

Detergent is supplied in small sachets. Do not open them, just place them in the machine.

Duty free purchases are kept until you leave the ship, none can be taken to cabins.

There are both 110 and 220 outlets in your cabin (on the desk area).

Not sure about the port, never tried it. You must, I think, buy packages of internet time at the computer centre, Cunard Connexions (deck 2 forward).

Hope this helps!

... Can liqour be purchased from the duty free shop and brought back to the room? No

Is the electricity 110 or 220, or both? Both

Lastly, is there a charge for using a computer from the data port in your own room?

Here is the Internet/WiFi information that I saved from our QM2 cruise in January. Hope it helps.

We will be on the QM2 in May. I believe stateroom 8110 is across from the laundrette. Is there any noise from there to be concerned about, is there a cost for using the machines, and is detergent supplied? Can liqour be purchased from the duty free shop and brought back to the room? Is the electricity 110 or 220, or both? Lastly, is there a charge for using a computer from the data port in your own room?

Please take care of room 8110, we will be there next October ;)

Someone on another thread told me that even though this is an obstructed view stateroom, because it is at the end of the lifeboats most of the view is not obstructed. Also there is no noise from the laundry room... there are several laundrettes unlike the QE2 which has only one large one, so each is less crowded.

Please take care of room 8110, we will be there next October ;)

Someone on another thread told me that even though this is an obstructed view stateroom, because it is at the end of the lifeboats most of the view is not obstructed. Also there is no noise from the laundry room... there are several laundrettes unlike the QE2 which has only one large one, so each is less crowded.

She's right:

xdeck8.jpg

Am getting excited and anxious about our voyage!

Not sure I have the right clothes...but am working on it! I know that with the luggage restrictions on airliners I will have to wear things more than once!

Duty free delivered to the room the last night? We are on the 23 day...it is actually 3 segments...will they deliver on the last night of each segment? I need to know how many cigarettes to bring for my husband and I. :( It takes a lot of planning for 3 weeks+!

Archived