Travel Irons in rooms 14 day to go

Cindyrca

I remember reading that the ships don not offer irons on board, but will do laundry for a small fee. My question is can guests take their on travel iron? Eight years ago on a Carnival cruise, there was a laundry room of some sort that had ironing board and irons set up for guests to use. Leaving in 14 days th Mexican Riviera on the Vision.

Hi Cindy,

If the Vision is a RCI ship, there is no place set up for ironing things by yourself. I have never seen it on any of RCI or Celebrity ships.

I have also seen many posts that state that 'irons' are safety hazard and are not allowed to be brought by a 'guest' on a ship ......but I looked for this information on any of the cruise lines documents and never have seen it written down.......so I am not sure where the other posters get their information from.

Even if you bring your own iron it will be hard to find anything that you can use for the ironing board.......and yes irons can start fires (and the owner will be responsible) but smoking in the room or worse yet, in the bed.....can start fires....and other things can start fires (the worst thing on any ship) so I am not sure why irons are so 'prohibited' by so many posters. Some people have good results with steamers or Dawn wrinkle release or similar pruducts.

Enjoy your cruise.

Wes

Archived