Explorer to Canada - Itinerary changed

:mad: I am so bummed out! RCI has changed the itinerary on the Sep 17, 2009 cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer. The most interesting ports of Sydney NS, Charlottetown PEI, and Quebec City have been dropped! Instead this cruise is going to Boston, Portland and Bar Harbor, as well as Halifax and St John NB.

What really annoys me is that I worked very hard to get a group together for this cruise - we have 14 cabins booked. We are mostly Celtic musicians and were looking forward to a meeting with Cape Breton musicians in Sydney, and checking into the College of Piping in PEI. Now many in the group are underwhelmed by the new itinerary and will drop out of the cruise.

I know the cruise line has the right to do this, and the cruise is over a year away, but still: I am bummed! This really makes me crabby!

Yes, there are other cruise lines, but some I would not take friends on, and some are 14 days, and none is an acceptable substitute. Oh well!

I'm sorry that they changed your itinerary. That would make me crabby as well!

We went on the Explorer to NE and Canada last month. They did change one port on us - but it was just from RI to CT. I'm wondering why they changed many more ports on your schedule?

I am sorry too about the itinerary change and that is a scarry thing especially since we are going on a Canada and Quebec cruise on Explorer on October 9th 2008. fingers crossed- I think we would have heard by now about a change.

Hopefully you still have time to change your cruise,

Mike

Sorry they have changed the itinerary............glad we booked for this year and leave in 50 days...........While Boston, Bar Harbor and Portland are nice.........it isn't Canada......

Sorry they have changed the itinerary............glad we booked for this year and leave in 50 days...........While Boston, Bar Harbor and Portland are nice.........it isn't Canada......

You got THAT right! Our group cruise may still go, but with half the people!

It is a real headache - and this is why not too many people are willing to set up group cruises!

Archived