help me find our last cruise staff

Colakid

We are just about set to board the Veendam in 4 weeks and are wanting to know about 3 crew members from our last cruise also aboard the Veendam. We sailed the western carribean with them in late October 2007. They gave us their emails and company numbers. Two emails have bounced back and the third seems slow to return. These crew members told us to contact HQ Seattle and give them their numbers and we can find out their current statis as employees and postings.I called today to HQ and two different people both told me we can not find out about these employees. Can anybody give us advice about this. Am I wrong in what I was told about finding these previous people and wishing to know about them. On a previous cruise a passenger told me all he did was call HQ and they set him up with the room steward and dining room steward. This would be ideal if possible but at least let us know about them. Please help if possible as time is running out. Happy Sailing. Colakid

Most employers do not divulge the whereabouts or personal email addresses of their employees. It comes as no surprise that a cruise line would behave differently.

I agree....I think they would be in a world of s... if they did that.

I don't remember who I spoke with at HQ, but I know I got the Seattle number from the website. I'm sorry your cruise is so close because this solution isn't a fast one.

After my cruise I really had a strong desire to send a thank you note to some of the crew members. In fact, I sent them each a $10 phone card so that they could call their families the next time they were in port. Anyway.... After speaking to a customer rep, they gave me an address where I could send the thank you notes. I put them all in one envelope and labeled each one as to their names, the ship, and even where they might be found (For example: Northern Lights bartender). It took about 3 weeks for the letters to get received and distributed. One of the crew emailed me the day he got his to thank me! I believe the customer service rep also said if there was an email that I wanted to get a crew member, that I could send it to him and he'd forward it on to the ship. That might be a quicker option than the pony! I guess it just depends on what your message is and what kind of turn around time you have.

I hope this might be a solution to your problem!

BTW... my mail was sent to Seattle and the ship is currently basing out of Seattle. An ideal situation for what I needed!

Archived