Price Reduction / Residency Rate

rileyj

In 18 days or so, I will be cruising with RCCL. I was goofing off on the website and noticed that there is a residency rate for the same cabin category as mine that is $170PP lower than the fare I booked. Does anyone know if RCI will give me a price reduction if I call or does anyone have experience getting a price reduction so close to sail date?

I called C&A and they reduced my rate, no questions asked. I am getting a credit of $340. Awesome!!! Somehow I think RCI will get it back though in the form of drinks, pictures, and misc purchases onboard.

They gave us a residency discount 3 days ago without us asking and without them even telling us. I happened to look on the site at our cruise booking and noticed we suddenly had a credit amount on our account. Nice to get a discount without even asking and even after we made our final payment.

They gave us a residency discount 3 days ago without us asking and without them even telling us. I happened to look on the site at our cruise booking and noticed we suddenly had a credit amount on our account. Nice to get a discount without even asking and even after we made our final payment.

wow! i've never heard of that. great news.

Call Them!!!!

We were fortunate enough on our 07 Mariner cruise to receive 3 price drops--the last one was a residency discount that appeared about 4 days before sailing, and they refunded my credit card the $100 on Friday before we sailed on Sunday.

In 18 days or so, I will be cruising with RCCL. I was goofing off on the website and noticed that there is a residency rate for the same cabin category as mine that is $170PP lower than the fare I booked. Does anyone know if RCI will give me a price reduction if I call or does anyone have experience getting a price reduction so close to sail date?

Congratulations on the extra discount:D

Where on on the website specifically did you see this?

Thanks

Congratulations on the extra discount:D

Where on on the website specifically did you see this?

Thanks

I pretended I was doing a new booking and the residency rate was listed there with the standard rate. We booked our cruise at the beginning of the year and I pretend booked every few weeks to see if there were any price drops or deals on better cabins. The prices just kept climbing until now.

I never know how to find if there is a residency discount, either. I do the "pretend" booking, put my state in and nothing ever happens. If there was a discount, would it show?? Maybe I don't see a discount because there never is one.

If there was a residency discount you would see it. The residency rate would be listed directly below the standard rate.

I pretended I was doing a new booking and the residency rate was listed there with the standard rate. We booked our cruise at the beginning of the year and I pretend booked every few weeks to see if there were any price drops or deals on better cabins. The prices just kept climbing until now.

Thanks for the tip - I've also tried that & not seen anything, but I'll keep my eyes open - you never know.:D

There is a $50 reduction per person from our original booking though in a lower-category inside. The on-line TA said it would cost us a $35 cancellation fee and then a $39 rebooking fee.

If we had booked thru RCCL rather than a TA, would we have been able to switch to a lower category without incurring any fees?

Would appreciate any comments on this situation and suggestions in the future regarding booking with cruiseline vs. TA.

Thanks.

There is a $50 reduction per person from our original booking though in a lower-category inside. The on-line TA said it would cost us a $35 cancellation fee and then a $39 rebooking fee.

If we had booked thru RCCL rather than a TA, would we have been able to switch to a lower category without incurring any fees?

Would appreciate any comments on this situation and suggestions in the future regarding booking with cruiseline vs. TA.

Thanks.

Yes, if you had booked directly with RCCL you would not have to pay those fees. Those come from your TA not the cruiseline.

Not all TA's will charge you like yours did. We use a big name TA that has three initials. They always give us price reductions without batting an eye. Since they can't discount RCI cruises, they make up for it by ordering us stuff from Bon Voyage such as wine or champagne.

Archived