RCL Navigator vs. Century for teens

Mrs_Tiki

Although we've sailed the M- and Radiance- class ships on X and RCL, we have no experience with the larger RCL ships or Century class on X.

I'm thinking of taking DD and a friend (will be 15 and 16) on a 5-day cruise for Spring Break. Navigator sails from FLL to Cozumel and Belize, Century sails from MIA to Key West and Grand Cayman. Cost is comparable.

I would appreciate any advice on which ship/ports might be best for teens. We have been to all of the ports at some point, but not since DD was much younger and less adventurous!

All this said, I much prefer X food and service to RCL, but sure don't want to be stuck with bored kids on 2 sea days!

Thanks in advance for any help ~

Having recently sailed Century my opinion is that there is not a whole lot on Century to offer teens. I think the teens would have a much better time on Royal Caribbean; there are far more activities available to them and likely far more teens for them to befriend.

Navigator for sure- our teens loved this ship and were never bored, they had a blast- iceskating, rockclimbing, basketball, mini golf, teen activities, ordering pizza from room service when ever they wanted it. We would love to sail on this ship again!

Century is a very nice ship but not enough things to keep them entertained.

Bev

... but thought I'd ask anyway. ;)

You are all right, would be better to be on bigger ship with more to do for the girls!

But I am a little leery of a ship with 3700 people... and would definitely miss the AquaSpa Cafe!

Thanks for the confirmation that RCL is probably the way to go if we do this.

There is the adult area for the adults on NOS. You never feel the crowd on any of the Voyager ships. I felt the crowd on LOS when lined up for lunch or breakfast in the dining room, never on the Voyager class. You will have a nice time. I thought the staff was wonderful and never had an issue. BUT, I have not been on any X cruises to compare the level of service to. I am taking my first X cruise with Dh only, in Jan. I would not take the kids on this since there are not many activities. BUT, that said, when we do cruise with the kids, the now do not need all the activities,they just meet other kids and hang out. They are in 7th and 8th grade. But they have always loved the ice skating and would miss it. I also this there will not be many other kids to meet on X.

I've sailed both and although we LOVED Century, you'd be crazy to pass on Navigator for teens. There is so much activity available for them. It is a great ship and what we were surprised by was the availability of quiet nooks. I read my book in the card room a few times and nobody ever wandered by!

Archived