Questions about snorkeling in Cozumel

jennifer7082

I'm in need of some advise, My husband, 6yr old son and I are taking a cruise mid September, I am looking for an affordable snorkle excursion. Would we have much luck going off on our own or should we do a group excursion? I have found several appealing websites with very reasonable prices but I'm not so sure I could trust them with credit card info.

I would appriciate any help... Thanks!!

Well, the better snorkeling in Cozumel will be from a boat, but with a 6 y/o I'd probably stick with doing some snorkeling from shore unless you are certain that DS will really be up to the whole boat snorkeling thing and all the time it will mean in the water and on the boat.

Anyway, for shore snorkeling Chankanaab park is probably your best bet because, in addition to decent shore snorkeling, it has lots of other things to do/see.

If you are looking for a boat snorkeling trip, I'd recommend going with a smaller operator for a more personal experience. Look at The Mystic snorkel tour

I agree with Bruce about Chankanaab. I think it will be a great place for your 6 yr. old to snorkel, and I'm betting he will love watching the dolphins there. No reservations are needed to snorkel, and you can rent equipment right there in the park.

Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear that. I followed the link that he sent and we thought it seemed really nice and would like to try it. My husband and I took a large and crowded Catamaran last time we snorkeled. We enjoyed it but I didnt think it would be appropriate for my son. Thanks for the advise

Archived