Happy Weight Calculator

perkyblue

http://www.self.com/fitness/nutrition/calculators/happyWeight

This was exactly right on for me! After years of yo-yoing, I stopped dieting for almost a year and was thrilled to see my weight stabilize at 132 -- the exact weight the calculator said is my "happy weight!"

But it sure would feel good to wear a bikini on this cruise, and while 132 may be my "happy weight," it is certainly not my happy bikini weight, so I'll keep plugging away at this diet for the next 4 weeks! After the cruise, I'll let myself relax back up to my happy weight.

[url=http://www.self.com/fitness/nutrition/calculators/happyWeight][/url]

That's an interesting calculation. My "happy weight" is 141.5, which is below my initial goal of 145, to finally be in a healthy BMI range, and above 132, which is a vanity goal. I'm trying hard not to put a "deadline" or goal date on achieving any one of the above goals because my initial reason for changing my eating and exercise habits was to improve my health (my BP was getting scary high). A happy result of living healthier has been a big reduction in weight. I'm trying to remember that good health is the goal here, not trying to look like a model. But I have to admit that I am loving having to buy new clothes in smaller sizes. It will be interesting to see where I end up when my body settles into the appropriate weight for my newer lifestyle habits. If 141.5 is that number, I'll be totally fine with it.

Barbie

this was fun to do. It says my happy weight is 2lbs more than what I currently weigh. And I have been happy! I am 5lbs more than what I thought I wanted to be but DH says I look better now, more toned, than when I was at the smaller weight. I think it is because I have exercised more and eat healthier.

Thanks for posting it!

kelly

Barbie-

141.5? That's very specific! I had no idea it would calculate it down to the half pound!

And congratulations on taking charge of your health and doing something to get your BP under control! You'll feel so great when you cross that threshhold into the healthy BMI range!

Thanks, Darci. It has been rewarding to reach healthy BP and cholesterol levels without having to go on medication. The longer I can go without having to depend on medicine to live, the better. I never thought about the half pound on my "happy weight", but now that you mention that it is a little odd. Maybe that's just me...a tad bit odd. ;)

Barbie

Archived