Restaurants Near Uffizi for Lunch

When my daughter wakes up (it's early here in California) I'll ask her. She spent a semester in Florence a couple years ago. I do know of a fabulous gelateria not far from the Uffizi. It's called Vivoli and it's in most of the guide books.

When you are at the square, with the Uffizi kind of behind you on the lower right of the square, with the fake David to your back, there is a cool restaurant on the complete opposite end of the square (off the upper left), just a couple doors down towards the Duomo. Sorry I don't know the name but you can't miss it, it is a huge bustling place with all kinds of seafoods and Italian dishes set out like a deli that you can see from the street. You just queue up and indicate what you want, fancy desserts, etc, and then pay at a register and sit down.

It was inexpensive (due to the serve yourself aspect) but very good food. Super close and handy to the Uffizi, though like I said, it's at the opposite end of that plaza square.

When my daughter wakes up (it's early here in California) I'll ask her. She spent a semester in Florence a couple years ago. I do know of a fabulous gelateria not far from the Uffizi. It's called Vivoli and it's in most of the guide books.

Thanks for your suggestion

When you are at the square, with the Uffizi kind of behind you on the lower right of the square, with the fake David to your back, there is a cool restaurant on the complete opposite end of the square (off the upper left), just a couple doors down towards the Duomo. Sorry I don't know the name but you can't miss it, it is a huge bustling place with all kinds of seafoods and Italian dishes set out like a deli that you can see from the street. You just queue up and indicate what you want, fancy desserts, etc, and then pay at a register and sit down.

It was inexpensive (due to the serve yourself aspect) but very good food. Super close and handy to the Uffizi, though like I said, it's at the opposite end of that plaza square.

Thank you too for your suggestion

Archived