Been To Freeport Recently? What Does This Mean....

luvmygirlz

Please read below. Did you have any change to go somewhere else or not at all?

Fascination -- Itinerary Change

Sailing on the Fascination on 10/09/08 and just received notice from Carnival that due to major construction taking place at the Freeport dock(which will last over the next 11 months), the itinerary will change for many ships docking in Freeport. We were originally scheduled to dock in Freeport on Friday, 10/10/08 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Now, we will be docking in Freeport on Sunday, 10/12/08 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Needless to say, we will probably just stay on the ship while in port. We were originally planning on spending the afternoon beaching it at Lucaya(Westin/Sheraton) and strolling through the marketplace. But now being there from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. that doesn't seem like such a great idea. I don't think being at the beach at 8 a.m. sounds like much fun, and I'm not sure what time the marketplace opens. Besides, we would have to leave Lucaya about noon to comfortably make it back to the ship by 1:30 p.m. VERY DISAPPOINTED....but whataya goin' do?

Everybody ... double check your itinerary!!!!!

DW and myself enjoy the beach 1st thing in the AM. I would take advantage

of it. I would personally spend the day on the beach starting at 8AM.

Also regarding the market. If there is tourist in town on a ship. They

will be OPEN!

Why would you not go to the beach?? Beginning of Oct it could be as hot as 90 degrees, if its in the 80s in the morning, thats plenty hot enough for me, the water is still warm that time of year.

Im SURE the staw market will be open when you are there, they want to sell, so they will be open ..... not that it was that exciting. We didnt go thru it completely though, we had already bought tee shirts in the shops on the way to the staw market. I heard it burned down and not what it used to be.

Sounds like you just need to get excited for your cruise, this isnt a big deal. Freeport isnt one of my favorite ports, but getting in at 7, you could spend 3 hours at the beach, morning time is my favorite time. I used to live on the beach in Boca Raton.

luvmygirlz - Thanks for the update. Our experience is that it's better to get off the ship and experience something on the island. I'd look into booking some of the morning excursions via Carnival - if they continue to offer them they will have the tour adjusted to the ship's schedule. At minimum consider the so-called Island Tour that basically busses you to Our Lucaya where you can wander the marketplace, Count Basie Square, and the Hotel/Beach complex. ken

luvmygirlz - Thanks for the update. Our experience is that it's better to get off the ship and experience something on the island. I'd look into booking some of the morning excursions via Carnival - if they continue to offer them they will have the tour adjusted to the ship's schedule. At minimum consider the so-called Island Tour that basically busses you to Our Lucaya where you can wander the marketplace, Count Basie Square, and the Hotel/Beach complex. ken

luv,

did you get an email or call from carnival? we are going on the Sensation 9/14/08 and have not received any information on a change in Freeport. Looked at booking and still says 8 am - 4 pm for us.

steve

I copied my info from another poster on CC site (I think from the All Things Fascination) thread. I was really wanting to do the Sea Safari Excursion through Carnival. Just hoping they still have it.

We will still have a great time no matter what. Anything is better when you are on a cruise!

Thanks for all the replies!

Hope any Fascination itinerary time changes in Freeport don't change the excursions. Does anyone know if all of the excursions will still be offered?

For those who have had itinerary changes- have your excursions changed?

Wondering the same......we are wanting to do the Sea Safari Snorkel. My sister-in-law tried to book it the other day and it would not appear online (only nassau). She tried to do it though carnival and the rep said for some reason it would not let her (but could not tell her why).

Oh, by the way.....has anyone done the Sea Safari Snorkel in Freeport?

Please read below. Did you have any change to go somewhere else or not at all?

Fascination -- Itinerary Change

Sailing on the Fascination on 10/09/08 and just received notice from Carnival that due to major construction taking place at the Freeport dock(which will last over the next 11 months), the itinerary will change for many ships docking in Freeport. We were originally scheduled to dock in Freeport on Friday, 10/10/08 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Now, we will be docking in Freeport on Sunday, 10/12/08 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Needless to say, we will probably just stay on the ship while in port. We were originally planning on spending the afternoon beaching it at Lucaya(Westin/Sheraton) and strolling through the marketplace. But now being there from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. that doesn't seem like such a great idea. I don't think being at the beach at 8 a.m. sounds like much fun, and I'm not sure what time the marketplace opens. Besides, we would have to leave Lucaya about noon to comfortably make it back to the ship by 1:30 p.m. VERY DISAPPOINTED....but whataya goin' do?

Everybody ... double check your itinerary!!!!![/quote

I WAS THE ONE THAT POSTED THE ABOVE ORIGINALLY IN "ALL THINGS FASCINATION". I RECEIVED WORD, VIA A LETTER WRITTEN BY LYNN C. TURRENT, SR. V.P.-SALES & MARKETING AT CARNIVAL NOTIFYING MY TA, OF THE CHANGES TO MY FASCINATION CRUISE ON 10/09/08. HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE QUITE A FEW CHANGES TO SHIPS' ITINERARIES SINCE THE CONSTRUCTION AT THE FREEPORT PIER WILL BE ONGOING FOR SOME TIME. THE FREEPORT DAY(SUNDAY) & TIME CHANGE(7:00 A.M.) ITINERARY WILL BE ON THE FOLLOWING FASCINATION SAILINGS: 2008: 9/25, 10/09, 10/23, 11/06, 11/20, 12/04, AND IN 2009: 4/23, 5/07, 5/21, 6/04, 6/18, 7/02, 7/16 AND 7/30. HOWEVER, OTHER ITINERARY CHANGES(I.E.-SWITCHING FREEPORT FOR KEY WEST) WILL BE TAKING PLACE ON THE FASCINATION AS WELL AS OTHER SHIPS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WITH REGARD TO YOUR ITINERARY AND/OR SAILING, YOU SHOULD CONTACT CARNIVAL'S SALES & MARKETING DEPARTMENT DIRECTLY.

Archived