have I chosen the right cabin?

rcha

As first time cruiser I need some help from the more experienced.

I am on the GEM in October and my agent recommended a mini-suite 11002 right at the front. It seems to be a quiet area which is good. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice?

Should I look for a change or stick?

Thanks

I am on the GEM in October and my agent recommended a mini-suite 11002 right at the front. It seems to be a quiet area which is good. Does anyone have any knowledge or advice?

Thanks

11002 is a standard MiniSuite located all the way forward, it is a great

room as long as you dont mind being up front. If your prone to seasick

then this may be a bad decision if the ship gets bad weather....If your

even nervous about that, ask your TA if you can book a minisuite towards

the middle. They are identical. Good thing about forward cabins is that

they are quiet.....Enjoy your trip, the Gem is wonderful!!!:D

Thanks for the advice.

We wanted a cabin quiet and out of the way.

Is rough weather and sea sickness a problem in the med? We have been on a overnight ferries and were fine and wasn't expecting any problems but maybe my inexperience is telling. What is the situation is the difference between midships and near the bow so much? It seems to me that a lot of people choose expensive cabins at the stern which presumably has the same problem.

I don;t really want to move unless the advice is otherwise.

Thanks

if the 11th floor is the last floor.....avoid it.

You should be quite fine with this cabin in the Med. It stays pretty calm for the summer and fall...It wont be so windy as the previous post says because your not facing the front of the ship so stick with it, you should be fine...........Enjoy:p :D

Few notes.

Mini-suites are nice, but you should know they are really just an oversized balcony. Okay, but just be aware.

As to location. The more forward does get more motion. Not a big deal to everyone, just some folks.

Not sure about the comment that this is a nice quiet area. There really is not a noisy area outside any cabin. Sometimes there is an issue if there are certain areas ABOVE your cabin. Make sure you are NEVER underneath the exercise room - that can be bad. You can check that at NCL.COM.

PS - How would the TA know this is a nice quiet area? Did they stay there before?

Agree with prg2101, I prefer mid to aft.

I have been forward, mid and aft, no problem with any noise, I always book with cabins above and below me.

Think of the ship as a seesaw..where is the only point that doesn't move? Luckily the Med is fairly calm and lovely so don't worry about it for that reason. You'll be fine I am quite sure

I have often been all the way forward and had no issue with noise. The drag is walking the length of the ship (965 feet)over and over and over to get to the cabin. If it's only a week no biggie if you are a good walker but for my 12 night Jewel repositioning cruise I have a perfectly mid-ship stateroom. There's a reason they're harder to get sometimes.

Bon Voyage,

Rita

Few notes.

Mini-suites are nice, but you should know they are really just an oversized balcony. Okay, but just be aware.

As to location. The more forward does get more motion. Not a big deal to everyone, just some folks.

Not sure about the comment that this is a nice quiet area. There really is not a noisy area outside any cabin. Sometimes there is an issue if there are certain areas ABOVE your cabin. Make sure you are NEVER underneath the exercise room - that can be bad. You can check that at NCL.COM.

PS - How would the TA know this is a nice quiet area? Did they stay there before?

Quiet area meaning that their isnt a dance club above or below, always avoid the area under the Garden Cafe, Bliss lounge etc....The TA knows

the quiet areas from what people tell them such as these boards:rolleyes: :D

if the 11th floor is the last floor.....avoid it.

We had the 11th floor and loved it. So obviously, room selection is in the eye of the beholder.

As the the roughness, as a first timer I'm sure your concerned about sea sickness. Don't be as very few people have problems. On my last cruise, we were up front and our friends had one in the middle and as the seas were rough, you really couldn't tell a difference between the two.

Anyway, go with your heart and enjoy!

I have been on many cruises including two Med in the last year and a half. We found there was very little motion on the two Med cruises however we still made sure we have a mid-ship cabin booked for our upcoming Istambul to Athens on the NCL Jade. I guess we look at it as better safe than sorry? In my oppinion there is very little noisse outside your cabin in most cases so going all the way forward gains you very little.

Archived