Serenade Alaska Excursions w/18 mo old

austinLVFR

Are there any good excursion you would recommend in Alaska with an 18month old. We've been to Alaska before and done hard core hiking and fishing, so were looking to make this trip more leisure like. The only thing I saw I was interested in that we cannot do is the helicopter to the glacier and then dog sledding (too expensive anyway $480/pp, you could book another cruise for that much).

Thanks for the advice

In Skagway, we rented a minivan (and 3 child seats) from Avis and drove up to Carcross and Emerald Lake. On the way up, you'll find amazing views of waterfalls, mountains, lakes, and wildlife. We were fortunate enough to see 2 brown bears. One crossed the highway right in front of us on the way up, and a smaller one feeding on the side of the highway on the way back.

Some of our travel companions took the train and weren't impressed. They wish they came with us since we went further and saw more. Renting the car was also way cheaper for the 6 of us.

The little ones were able to nap in the car seat and catch up on some much needed rest.

I'd highly recommend this option.

Archived