cunard world cruise 2010

SouthernAnne

I am considering a world cruise in 2010. I may travel as a single and yet would like to be part of a group. Does anyone know a tour group booking space on Cunard for 2010. Perhaps it can't be mentioned on this site but I hope so. I found a tour group on HAL but prefer Cunard because I like to dance.

Thank you.

Carole,

I am not aware of any groups that plan organized World Cruises. However, I would encourage you to book the cruise and then ACTIVELY participate in the Roll Call for your cruise. That way you would get to know others on your cruise. You will probably find other singles on the Roll Call. After you have posted with others on the Roll Call for many months you will feel like you have friends before the cruise begins. If you like ballroom dancing, you will really enjoy the gentlemen hosts on Cunard. Taking a World Cruise is a dream of mine. I hope you decide to go and that you have a fabulous time!!!

Beth

Carole--I totally agree with Beth: taking an active role on the Panama Canal segment of the QE2's World Cruise introduced me to a whole new group of passengers whom I now count as some of my best friends...

By the way--we were looking for you on that trip...were you hiding?

I wasn't hiding on the QE2 but needed to canc. the reservation. However, I was able to experience Cunard for the first time this summer on the QM2 and had a wonderful time.

I do consider Cunard for the world cruise but I believe their supplement is higher than HAL's. That is a consideration for me traveling solo.

I have to see when the time gets closer. Maybe by that time I will have someone to travel with and share the cabin.

There are so many cruises that look good to me :).

Thank for the the suggestion, Beth. It is a good way to get to know fellow travelers before a cruise.

Carole

This certainly isn't a World Cruise, but I am happy I booked the MSC Liricia today for their Big Band Cruise on Dec. 3,2008.

I do hope there is a lot of dancing.

I am still thinking about the world cruise. Hopefully that will happen too.

Carole

There are definitley agencies that offer groups on World Cruises with special group amenities and social gatherings. I'm not really sure how to tell you how to find them though. Maybe check out Cruise Critic's cruise agency page for more information on what agencies specialize in what.

Archived