What the HECK is a 45day letter??

Riley's Mom

It's a letter that you MAY get back from Carnival in response to a letter you send them regarding your cruise experience...good or bad. They will give you a choice of some items in return....photo coupon, soda coupons, bar coupons, chocolate ship. Things like that. You are supposed to call 45 days before your next cruise.

Ahhhh... the fabled 45 day letter!!

When you return from a cruise and send some comments along to Carnival regarding your experience, either positive or constructive criticism, you MIGHT get the Famed 45 Day Letter back from them!

It's a very personalized letter thanking you for your input and taking the time to write. You'll be offered an opportunity to call, within 45 days of your next cruise, to pick an item from the Bon Voyage Department to be waiting for you in your cabin upon embarkation!

It's a very nice gesture on Carnival's part.

Should you decide to write a letter and there was someone or several someones who went above and beyond the call of duty to make your vacation special you should mention them by name. Comments from the passengers are passed along to the appropriate supervisor and are considered when bonuses and promotions come about!

Here's the address:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL. 33178-2428

I received my first 45 day letter a few weeks ago. I wrote Carnival a letter in May praising them, in comparison with a cruise DH and I took on RCL. Lo and behold, I received a letter thanking me for my feedback and instructions to call Carnival within 45 days of our next booked cruise. I chose the coupon for a free picture. I should have been greedy and picked the 11 oz. chocolate ship now that I think about it........:D

CCL Fantasy 7/2006

CCL Inspiration 5/2007

CCL Miracle 8/2007

RCL Sovereign of the Seas 5/2008

CCL Legend departing in 7 days!! woo hoo!

Archived