Snorkeling in January

llane003

Heading off on a 4 day Royal Caribbean Cruise Jan 26-30. On the 28th, we'll be in Nassau. The snorkeling excursion sounds great and is priced right. We live in North Florida and know the water up here is FREEZING in January, but I'm unsure of the tropical water in the Bahammas. Anyone know or has anyone experienced the water this time of year?

Thanks!

Leslie

As a fellow Floridian,its pretty cold there too.....

Now maybe if you were from Minnesota or someplace like that,it wouldnt be bad..I know they say it doesnt get lower than 72,but to me,thats too cold..:p

Heading off on a 4 day Royal Caribbean Cruise Jan 26-30. On the 28th, we'll be in Nassau. The snorkeling excursion sounds great and is priced right. We live in North Florida and know the water up here is FREEZING in January, but I'm unsure of the tropical water in the Bahammas. Anyone know or has anyone experienced the water this time of year?

Thanks!

Leslie

We were in GBI during New Years several years ago and went snorkeling - with a wet suit. GBI is farther north than Nassau. Think Miami and you will be close. Go have fun.

Thanks for all the great replies. I have to say, 72-73 is wayyy to cold for us. The natural springs up here are a chilly 72. I think the only way we would be comfortable is with a dry suit. Are there places there to rent dry suits?

Leslie

Thanks for all the great replies. I have to say, 72-73 is wayyy to cold for us. The natural springs up here are a chilly 72. I think the only way we would be comfortable is with a dry suit. Are there places there to rent dry suits?

Leslie

We did our snorkeling thru a private company.. if you call or email around I'm sure you will find one that provides them.... at least wet suits. After about a min. the wet suit was fine for us.

Archived