Smugglers Cove

tgfv29

We went to Smugglers Cove last Feb. It is a very nice beach, and was sparsley populated, only about 5 people there during our entire 4 hour stay. The surf and currents there can be a little strong from time to time so I wouldn't recommend it if you are taking children. There is a small reef that is rough shape, looks like hurricane damage, to the left about 400 feet and 20 yards or so off the beach. There was quite a few fish there but not much for coral to look at. The tide was comming in when I was there and it was very tough snorkeling around the reef, I am a strong swimmer and I still managed to get myself into some trouble a couple of times getting caught in the breakers on the reef. But the swimming was ok away from the reef. As far as Taxi's go I ddn't see one there, we rented a car, I suppose you could get a taxi there but I would be sure that they would come back to get you or stay there while you are on the beach. Smugglers Cove is well off the beaten path and you certainly don't want to have to walk back to Road Town from there.

Archived