Ocho Rios Restaurant

stephie22

Restaurant in Ocho Rios

I was wondering if anyone know if there is still a Restaurant in Ocho Rios by the name of Nuccio's ? In 1988, I went on spring break with my college friends and one of the guys father was Nuccio. We were totally pampered! This was a fabulous Italian restaurant:p which we were treated to 3+ fantastic meals a day + drinks:p :p , which had villas below the restaurant, in which we stayed. There was a rather famous person staying there as well, Mary Ann Faithful (I am really giving away my age here!) The restaurant was open air overlooking the port of Ocho Rios, jsut a stunning place, absolutely breathtaking. I do remember it being up on a mountainside (facing the port) and also just above The Ruins Restaurant. If you were to travel farther up this mountain, there was a Botanical Garden of some kind, along with Keith Richards home, which we had visited, since Nuccio was at one time, a partner in Island Records. I regret to say that after one of the massive hurricanes, either Floyd or Hugo, the restaurant was destroyed. It has been 15+ years since I have visited Ocho Rios and also spoke with his son, but my husband and I are now going to visit Ocho Rios on the Navigator the week of 11/13-11/20 and hope that someone reading this thread may know if Nuccio rebuilt his restaurant somewhere in the town, I would just love to visit him again, because I was treated like royalty when I vacationed with him in 1988!!

Archived