Transporting wedding related items

Any tips on how to transport all the things needed for the ceremony/reception to the pier??

We flew from Texas to Los Angeles to get on the ship. I shipped 2 boxes of stuff to relatives there and, since they were driving to the pier, they brought it for us.

If that isnt an option for you then you might want to call your port of departure, explain your situation, and ask if they will receive goods that you have shipped to the port and hold them for you.

You could always contact TWE and ask if you could be put in touch with your on site wedding coordinator. Maybe he or she would be happy to recieve and hold a shipped box.

If you have a group coordinator on Carnival, maybe he or she would be willing to receive and hold a shipped box?

Another option is to research local "mail boxes etc." and establishments of that sort, in/around your port of departure. I know that most of those types of places will hold shipped boxes for pick up, for a fee. then you just have to figure out how to get to that place of business, grab the box, and get to the ship.

Okay, I'm fresh out of ideas :D

We just hauled an extra piece of luggage, putting all the 'breakables' in the carry ons. However, with checking baggage being expensive these days, this might not be an option. :( It might be cheaper to check a few extra bags than ship the stuff though.

Yeah...I was a big help. Sorry! :o

If you will be arriving the day before the cruise and staying at a hotel, you could ship the items to the hotel. If you do this make sure to have a contact name at the hotel to address the packages to (and have his/her direct contact information).

Thanks so much for all the advice!

We live in New jersey and are leaving out of the port in New York. I just thought it would be easier to possibly put everything into a suitcase as opposed to placing everything in bins.

At least with the suitcase, we can wheel everything in..

I know other brides have said they used bins but I didnt think there would be this many things I would need to bring with me and am now (less then 3 weeks ago) worrying about how I am going to get everything to the pier!

IMO a rolling suitcase was better for me (as long as it will fit through the xray) btwn the heavy dress his tux and my 3 year old we had enough to carry. You have to think too that you will have to eventually LEAVE the ship :( and carry OFF the dress and the totes... it was much easier to get through the disembarkation line with the rolling suitcase.

That was my general feeling! A suitcase would be a ton easier then bins.

Plus like you said, the dress, tuxs, and everything else will need to go off the ship and it does seem like something with wheels would be much better!!!

Thanks for all your help!!!

Archived