Crown Princess Cabins - Likes/Dislikes

lovevacadays

Thanks, are the balconies on the Caribe deck visible from the decks above? Do you happen to know if there is a stairwell at the back of the ship that you can take from Aloha or Baja to the pool deck? On the Sapphire there is but not sure about the Crown

The Caribe balconies are half-covered. The first 5 ft of depth is covered and the second 4 ft. of depth is uncovered. If you are under the overhang, no one can see you.

I have stayed aft on Caribe and Baja and there is no fully aft staircase to other decks - the staircase is located about 1/4 of the way heading forward, then similar distance to mid-ships stairs etc.

I looked at B742 on a previous cruise, the balcony is a few extra feet wider than the standard Baja side balconies which are 9 ft wide x 5 ft deep. The extra width of the balcony is as it wraps around toward the aft end of the ship. However, this small section of wraparound is steel and not glass like the rest of the balcony so if you are sitting in that end area, you cannot see through only over.

We had an AA mini-suite on Dolphin Deck (D425) - loved the cabin and the convenient location to the midships staircase & elevator bank. The exposed balcony never bothered us, though if we were cruising a wetter climate we may have had different thoughts.

For our upcoming Crown cruise next year we've booked a standard BD Balcony mid-ships & I'm sure we'll be just as happy with it. My advice for any ship is determine what kind of cabin you want, then study the deckplan to ensure you get a cabin you want at a price you'll be comfortable with. We like midship cabins best, but if the price difference is enormous, being far forward/aft won't hurt us either!

We enjoy the mini-suites. There is extra room and we like the extended balcony. It is uncovered but we don't care. We enjoy sunning on the balcony. We had mini-suite D327 and it was very nice. It was category AB. It is centrally located. We are booked in another mini-suite D227, category AC, for next March. We chose this category because of the price. We decided to save a little money and go a little forward. The only downfall of booking central or forward is that the buffet is aft. Long walk but the excercise is good!

We were on the Dolphin Deck, which are the mini-suites in July. The mini-suites are bigger and that is a plus and have bathtubs, etc. The one irritating thing was that the veranda's are open, and the people in the cabins above us, threw bread to the sea-gulls and the sea-gulls did their "duty" all over our deck chairs. We had to ask the cabin steward to wash the deck chairs several times.

Has anyone been in B742 Baja deck last cabin in hall before aft facing cabins? Does anyone have any favorite cabins on this ship?

I was right next door, B738, I loved it. But now I choose Caribe for the bigger balcony!

Thinking about booking for april 09. I have never been on the Crown. Any info on particular cabins you liked or disliked and why would be greatly appreciated.

We had an aft balcony room on Riviera deck. Loved it. No one could see us from above, and we had a full view of all the balconies below. We booked the same thing this time, just a little further aft. Right next to the stairs for the adult pool, the location was great!

Janette

Archived