Switching rooms for discount sail and sign card???

baileyadog

So here is what we did to save a little money for my in-laws. In order for us to get the past guest rate we had to book me in one room with an in-law and DH in the room with his other parent. The carnival rep told me to do this as I had not thought about it. So I was filling out my funpass as well as the other three in my party (in-laws are first time cruisers) and I got to thinking about sail and sign cards. When filling out our information I put myself and DH on one credit card and the in-laws on the other. However, when we get onboard the actual key will not be to the door that we will actually be sleeping in because we will change rooms once on board. Can we just go to the pursers desk and ask for another room key that will not have charging privelages. Anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated, this is the in-laws first cruise and I would like to have this figured out before boarding. Thanks in advance!!!

I have heard this discussed many times I believe you can ask for a spare "key" to the rooms for this purpose. I plan on doing this next year as I booked one of us past guests in with 2 kids and 1 in with the other.. so we will totally need extra keys. Good Luck maybe someone who has actually done this can confirm.

Have a great cruise!

We just did the same thing. Pair yourself and DH for the credit cards, and pair the in-laws when you do your fun pass (which you've already done). When you board, go to the purser's desk and say you would like to switch rooms, then let them know who will be moving where. You will get new cards with the correct room and credit card information, no worries!

I was worried they would be ticked off about doing this, but it is very, very common, and took literally 1 minute. The only thing you might need to remedy is the beds - they may make them up separately, but you need to only ask your room steward and it will be quickly fixed.

Happy sails!

Ok so I can just tell them that we want to switch rooms and they will provide us new keys and charge cards all in one. We were thinking about someone having two cards. I know very petty but its vacation and who wants to keep up with two cards!!! Thanks so much hopefully we will have the same luck as you with this.

I did the same thing . My husband and I are past guests, and we also booked a balcony cabin for my son and his family. Since they have never cruised before , I booked it with me in there cabin and one of my grandkids in with Grandpa. That way I was able to get a Past guest upgrade on their cabin. When we board we will go to the pursers desk to get the room keys straightened out. Not a problem. This is done all the time.

Great, Thanks everyone for you help with this. I almost felt bad doing it like I was being dishonest but it seems I am not the only one and the rep that did my booking recommended it. Thanks again everyone.

Just looking at your sign in name "Baileyadog". Do you have a dog named Baily. My dog's name is Baily.

007.jpg.dad1bfacc455c9ff5d4d515782e3a940.jpg

Some ships are more willing to switch than others. If not, just ask for "keys" (extra cards) to each others' cabins. Note: The person whose cabin it is must be there for you to get a key.

Archived