Bollywood on Dawn?...

Luv4dacruise

I was just reading one of the new reviews on the Dawn and the reviewer was taling about Bollywood. Is this show going to go to the breakers with the Dawn or what?.....

I sailed on the dawn in '02 and again in '06, even in '06 i was surprised to see it was still being shown. Now i find out today its still there. Just kind of amazes me is all, i have repeated many ships in my cruising career and have never once run into the same show, especially in a 6 year time span.

Anyone else agree its time for Bollywood to go?....

I'm sailing for the first time in January and would sure like to see the show after reading everyone raving about it. I would be disappointed if it was removed.

If Bollywood is a hit, then new cruisers should be allowed to view it, especially if it packs the theater. When I keep going to the same all inclusive hotel I expect to have at least one repeat during my stay, and I would never suggest that they change something good just because I keep coming back. I don't know why you would. This post is very discouraging for me.

Also, please note that in many of the negative reviews this show is one of the few positives.

the show was ok for one time buts its been on the ship for over 6 years now! Its been going on for longer then Celine Dion's last show did!

Nothing is worse than yet ANOTHER Barbara Streisand "Farewell" concert!

I much rather prefer Bollywood. "The show must go on!" :D

Happy Cruising! :)

If you like Cirque de Soleil with an India theme then you'll like Bollywood. Theater was only 1/2 full when we saw it. No need to run and hope there's still a seat available.

Thats the reason i thought of asking the question, The 2 times we have seen it as well, the theater was definitely not "packed", was maybe half full, give or take.

So it clearly is not this huge hit that everyone is making it out to be, its just your average cruise ship show and needs to go bye bye.

Just MHO....

• Administrators
Bollywood is the best show on Dawn & the theatre was filled with folks who were seeing it for the first time & enjoyed it. So as new folks sail Dawn they can experience this great show.

We are taking our first Dawn cruise next spring, and I have to say that by now (7+ years after the whole "Bollywood" phenomenon first became popular) I have seen enough of it to last a lifetime. If that's the "best show on the Dawn" by April, I'll be looking for something else to do at night -- I actually think I'd rather attend karaoke! <shudder>

• Administrators
I'm sailing for the first time in January and would sure like to see the show after reading everyone raving about it. I would be disappointed if it was removed.

If Bollywood is a hit, then new cruisers should be allowed to view it, especially if it packs the theater. When I keep going to the same all inclusive hotel I expect to have at least one repeat during my stay, and I would never suggest that they change something good just because I keep coming back. I don't know why you would. This post is very discouraging for me.

Also, please note that in many of the negative reviews this show is one of the few positives.

Wow, I read this after my post below, and I have a couple of replies.

First, I'm sorry I was a bit "flip" in my reply -- but I do want to make sure that you know that "Bollywood" isn't something unique to the Dawn? If you search on, say, You Tube, you will see that this is a modern pop culture thing, which is now getting quite long in the tooth. It's kind of like going on a ship in 2001 and seeing a show featuring Milli Vanilli. ;)

Second, the Dawn has lots of repeat cruisers. Almost all of them give her consistent good marks. For us, that's why we booked her -- lots of people who return to the same ship over and over means the ship offers a consistently good product. It makes sense that those who sail this ship frequently (once per year or more often) are tired of the show, and that the cruiseline should give them a little bit of weight and invest enough to offer something new that's also fun to see.

NCL's shows are consistently high rated -- whatever they replace this show with (please, do it by April! :D) will probably be just as great! The types of "standards" you are referring to, at least on cruise ships, tend to be things like the crew's farewell show and the like. Changing the theme of the main show generally doesn't change true standards.

Have a great cruise!

Bollywood is the best show on Dawn & the theatre was filled with folks who were seeing it for the first time & enjoyed it. So as new folks sail Dawn they can experience this great show.

Bollywood has long worn out its welcome on the Dawn. I challenge the people who liked it to name just one song from the score? Or the name of the composer? I suspect that the reason NCL has kept it on the Dawn so long is that they probably pay next to nothing in royalties to the creators of this nonentity. Time for a replacement musical with melodies some people can recognize. The Asian costumes are great if only they were accompanied by music that matched the setting, such as Boradin's Kismet. I will be boarding the Dawn again for the 5th time in October but I can't suffer Bollywood again.

We'll have to be sure to see the show this October when we sail on the Dawn again....didn't see it on our first Dawn cruise last year....I had no idea that it had been around THAT long!!

if you do see this...try your best to get the center seats in row 6,7, or 8 (give or take a row).

can't tell you why. (no you won't get splashed with water or anything from the stage). :) in my opinion, i saw bollywood for the first time this past june...it was "ok". not really what i was expecting (and i have plenty of eastern indian friends). it started of very well...but for some reason i just got bored.

perhaps i had a little too much whiskey?

if you do see this...try your best to get the center seats in row 6,7, or 8 (give or take a row).

can't tell you why. (no you won't get splashed with water or anything from the stage). :) in my opinion, i saw bollywood for the first time this past june...it was "ok". not really what i was expecting (and i have plenty of eastern indian friends). it started of very well...but for some reason i just got bored.

perhaps i had a little too much whiskey?

Thanks, I'll make a note of that! (and be sure to lay off the tequila prior) ;)

Archived