Was anything broken in your room or did not work?

steveaaaa

I don't know if a black cloud always follows me around but has anyone had everything work in their cabin or have had anything not to your satisfaction?

I always have broken lights behind the bed on Destiny class ships.

My TV always has some some snow running thru it.

My soap dispensers in the shower are always empty.

There are burnt out bulbs somewhere in the room.

The shower never sprays right and in a Fantasy class suite,the whirlpool tub does not work.

Dirty glasses stay for days

The ice bucket never has enough ice and the ice machine on my floor is alway broken.

The line for the iron is always several people deep and my room is always across from it.

Thats enough for now.

Steve

PS. It is the same on land based vacations.

I have never had that many problems on my cruise. On the Triumph in March the remote control did not work well at all. Never got it replaced. On the Fantasy last month, the room steward did not like taking the dirty glasses out so I started sitting them out in the hall. He finally figured out it out and started replacing them daily.

Was on the Sovereign in September and had the stateroom from hell.

No cold water in the sink. Had a defective mixing valve so we were forced to buy water to brush our teeth .Hole rusted through in the shower stall causing water to leak into stateroom until we plugged it with a washcloth. Worst yet the toilet quit working on the second night.

My biggest complaint was with the attitude I got when I complained at the Pursers Office which was total indifference. When I returned from the cruise I contacted RCCL and they said they would look into it, as of today I've heard nothing. I realize RCCL has a record of many satisfied cruisers but I'm not one of them unfortuately while we'll cruise again it won't be on a RCCL ship

Wow, never had any of these problems, We did four cruises and looking forward to doing our fifth on RCCL. Always had clean rooms, lots of ice.. not melted water, Our cabin steward even took our personnal bought sodas and placed them in Ice bucket for chilling when he turned down the bed. Lights and TV remotes worked. Guess we are lucky or you just got the bad service .. Kept complaining to RCCL they will give you seapass card credits if you complain enough about it..

Nothing broken, but when I checked out the bathroom in our room on the Inspiration, I thought somebody had been killed in there.......blood everywhere!!! Upon further inspection from afar, could tell it was nail polish. Somebody must have dropped/shattered their nail polish bottle. I guess the steward didn't have access to remover/laquer thinner.

Well, sorry to hear all that. I've never had that much problem. Maybe a burned out bulb or two, but they've always been fixed quickly. That even goes for the 1A cabins on the Jubilee.

I suppose someone has to have the vacation cloud. BTW, I've got the traffic light cloud. Anytime you get a green light when you really need one, think of me. I will have just gotten a red light.

Its from all that non-tipping, karma hath found thee!
LOL:D

See how hard it is for me to buy the extra special service tip everyone always talks about.I am doomed from the start and it never resolves itself by vacation end.

We will see in the next few days.I am spending 4 days in Boston for a pleasure vacation and I am staying at the Doubletree suites.We will see what goes wrong or is not right at the start.:rolleyes:

Steve

LOL:D

See how hard it is for me to buy the extra special service tip everyone always talks about.I am doomed from the start and it never resolves itself by vacation end.

We will see in the next few days.I am spending 4 days in Boston for a pleasure vacation and I am staying at the Doubletree suites.We will see what goes wrong or is not right at the start.:rolleyes:

Steve

Bad move, Steve, all of the hotel staff will be "unavailable", glued to TV sets down in the bowels of the Doubletree until the World Series is over. You have absolutely no chance of getting anything fixed:mad:

I've never been on a Carnival ship, but have been on RCCL, HAL, NCL, and am booked for Celebrity, Crystal and Princess. I think all except Crystal are owned by same congromerate. Very scary!

I don't think I'd be very calm or quiet about leaks, poor cabin service etc. I do expect plumbing to be fixed or a new cabin provided. I have had to call housekeeping for one bathroom cleanup when my streward was unable to fix it quickly. I did call maintenance when (after a storm) the mirror in my cabin fell off. Those two complaints were quickly attended to. If they hadn't I was prepared to go right to Captain of Hotel Services or the Captain of the ship.

I also say please and thank you quickly, and even with a few dollars if it's an extra service. Plumbing is not extra IMO.

I've never been on a Carnival ship' date=' but have been on RCCL, HAL, NCL, and am booked for Celebrity, Crystal and Princess. I think all except Crystal are owned by same congromerate. Very scary!QUOTE']

Just FYI - Carnival owns Princess, Costa, Holland America Line, Cunard, Windstar, and Seabourn. They way they're going, they'll probably have a monopoly one day.

I don't think I'd be very calm or quiet about leaks' date=' poor cabin service etc. I do expect plumbing to be fixed or a new cabin provided. I have had to call housekeeping for one bathroom cleanup when my streward was unable to fix it quickly. I did call maintenance when (after a storm) the mirror in my cabin fell off. Those two complaints were quickly attended to. If they hadn't I was prepared to go right to Captain of Hotel Services or the Captain of the ship.

.[/quote']

Easier said than done. I did speak to the hotel manager.This past January on the Conquest (CC Conquestadors cruise) my room had a faulty valve above the ceiling that could not be fixed until drydock.It was so loud that you could not sleep at night.

The problem was, the ship was sold out.No rooms. It wasn't until day 4 (late afternoon)that a room became available because some people were busted for drugs and I got their room. They gave me 4 drink coupons, a dozen chocolate covered strawberries and a room upgrade (because there was no other rooms)

Steve

The only "broken down" experience I had was on Carnival's Elation during my January, 2003 cruise. One of the two glass elevators in the main atrium was broken the entire cruise, and I suspect wasn't repaired until drydock in March.

Never had anything broken that I can remember, but on our last cruise they kept charging us for those big bottles of Evian water on our bill each day. We never touched them and I asked them to quit putting them in our rooms b/c I knew how expensive they were. We still kept getting charged!!! I finally got it all cleared up on nearly the last day of our cruise....geezzzz!!

Archived