Pregnant and cave tubing?

amy86

I will be 22 weeks pregnant (5 1/2 months) when our NCL cruise stops in Belize in October. Trying to decide if cave tubing is something I can/should handle? It sounds like the most strenuous activity is the 30 min. walk to the caves, but even that isn't a tough walk, is it? I am in good physical shape otherwise.

I've e-mailed a few tour operators to get their thoughts, and I will obviously discuss with my doctor as well, but just looking for opinions from those who have done it?

Thanks!!

The walk is not that steep, kind of flat in some areas. Just little hills. We went w/ Major Tom and they carried my wife and sons' tubes so I'm sure most operators would carry your tube. I think you will be fine.

The only part of the walk that was strenuous, for me, was carrying the tube. It was fine for a while but eventually I wanted to throw the thing in the woods! So if someone else will carry your tube, it should be ok! Just wear sturdy shoes. Very rocky in some parts.

Archived